For those that Buy Internet Leads- What's Your Close Ratio on Them?

SueNami

Expert
So pretty straight forward question- but I'm trying to do a little research on how many people are closing on. 1 out 10? are they auto? home?

feel free to include as much info and details as you want!

We purchased internet leads for a couple of months earlier this year. They were expensive and were supposedly only coming to us.

We closed approximately 1 out of 10 and many of the "leads" were for substandard properties, undervalued properties, customers with claims problems etc.

We stopped after a month because we weren't getting the quality we look for in potential customers.

We purchased internet leads for a couple of months earlier this year. They were expensive and were supposedly only coming to us.

We closed approximately 1 out of 10 and many of the "leads" were for substandard properties, undervalued properties, customers with claims problems etc.

We stopped after a month because we weren't getting the quality we look for in potential customers.

Good to know! thank you!

Who did you use? I have seen that with several vendors. Generally you can filter on the property, but so many are out right fiction apparently made up by vendors. A real property and real person, just never any inquiry.

I would pay more attention to return on investment rather than closing % per lead. Its a marathon, not a 5k.

Yes and no. ROI is what matters. HOWEVER, wading through a lot of **** is very depressing. Especially when you are new or new to a vendor. Sure, you may eventually make a good ROI, but how much garbage do you want to wade through to get there?

I would suggest using the money you spend on internet leads & consider hiring somebody to make calls for you. Our internal telemarketing leads (back when i was a captive..) were way, way better. This way, you're not competing against others.

When you compete against other's as a captive, you won't win enough.

So pretty straight forward question- but I'm trying to do a little research on how many people are closing on. 1 out 10? are they auto? home?

feel free to include as much info and details as you want!

10-12% however we stopped because the majority were shoppers by nature so the retention was poor and in addition we burned out several newbie agents who got sick of calling bogus leads in the pile we would provide.
I'd say overall when factoring the cost of lead plus the cost of servicing and paying the agents to sell them that we broke even at best.

10-12% however we stopped because the majority were shoppers by nature so the retention was poor and in addition we burned out several newbie agents who got sick of calling bogus leads in the pile we would provide.
I'd say overall when factoring the cost of lead plus the cost of servicing and paying the agents to sell them that we broke even at best.

Exactly. ROI is king, but everyone has a limit of how much **** they can shovel. Sounds like you had several newbies hit that limit on you.

Back