For those that Don't Like Assurity

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have said in the past that I use Assurity quite a bit. Here are some examples of some tough cases.

#1. Had a 71M declined by Transamerica because he filled a Rx for Aricept in 12/2015, but never took a pill. Went to his doctor for a checkup and said he doesn't remember things like he did when he was younger. The doctor said here try this. He also takes meds for bipolar/skits. I called Assurity and explained and they will accept the risk.

#2. Had a 67M I wrote about last week. Took some heart meds that most companies would not accept. Assurity said they would take him.

#3. Has a 69M who had 3 stents in 10/2016. Assurity said that I could write him in October.

I have talked with underwriters about all 3 cases and will write 2 of them this week.

I have said in the past that I use Assurity quite a bit. Here are some examples of some tough cases.

#1. Had a 71M declined by Transamerica because he filled a Rx for Aricept in 12/2015, but never took a pill. Went to his doctor for a checkup and said he doesn't remember things like he did when he was younger. The doctor said here try this. He also takes meds for bipolar/skits. I called Assurity and explained and they will accept the risk.

#2. Had a 67M I wrote about last week. Took some heart meds that most companies would not accept. Assurity said they would take him.

#3. Has a 69M who had 3 stents in 10/2016. Assurity said that I could write him in October.

I have talked with underwriters about all 3 cases and will write 2 of them this week.

Let us know how the phone interviews go, and out of all 3 how many are approved.

Big difference being told on the phone someone will be approved, compared to actually applying and having a persons MIB/Rx and phone interview reviewed.

Hope it works out for you, but I wouldn't be holding your breath

In time you will learn to "love" Assurity the same way the rest of us do. I gave them more than a fair shot to earn my business but they just don't see agents as anything other than a necessary evil.

Let us know how the phone interviews go, and out of all 3 how many are approved.

Big difference being told on the phone someone will be approved, compared to actually applying and having a persons MIB/Rx and phone interview reviewed.

Hope it works out for you, but I wouldn't be holding your breath

My thoughts exactly!

I gave all of the details to the underiter and if they told me wrong then I will be very disappointed with Assurity. Keep you posted. No one else will take either of the 2 cases so what have I got to lose.

I gave all of the details to the underiter and if they told me wrong then I will be very disappointed with Assurity. Keep you posted. No one else will take either of the 2 cases so what have I got to lose.

You would be disappointing and doing these folks a disservice if you didn't follow through after all the back and forth. Send 'em in and let God figure it out. It don't cost nothin'!:nah:

For the last 3 FE cases that I attempted with Assurity, they came back with "not enough information to fully develop the case". Notice that was the last 3. That was a couple of years ago.

Wrote a 79F who used albuterol in a nebulizer, took Spiriva and used Abriva daily for COPD. Issued preferred. A lot less than other choices.

I just looked at the Assurity site and this case was approved.

Back