For those that Work TM Leads: How Do You Deal with these 3 Out of 4 Types of Leads?

If they have no idea what they are paying, send them your best quote. Call and ask how that compares with their current premium (look in their check book to find the amount). Then, now that you have opened a dialogue, start your underwriting.

Do the same if they are reluctant to give you the name & premium of their current company. Assume they have Plan F and mail them your best quote. Include your pix, license #, short bio and name of the insurance company (if it is not well known then it's background & rating).

I will not mail them anything unless I get an upfront contract. But I have a whole mail out packet system I use if they agree to give me a fair shot at earning their business.

With regards to people mistaking this for something about Social Security I have not gotten that yet.

If they don't know how much they are paying I will usually coach them to get their check books out to see when the last payment is. Then I ask them about when the last time they saw their agent, if not in two years I wedge in.

Back