FORBES: Under Age 65 Consumers & Medicare Seniors in "Swing" States Will Be Hit Hard!

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
I realize that most of you who are regular participants in this forum are aware of this, but for the benefit of the hundreds of daily visitors, here's some stunning news & info to consider..

Over the past few weeks, FORBES has been conducting research and publishing articles describing how the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. ObamaCare, will increase Under-65 individual/group health insurance premiums, and degrading Medicare, in political "swing" states. As bad as the numbers are, insurance company contacts tell our agency that these forecast increases are "conservative".

Here's OHIO: In Ohio, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 55-85% - Forbes

WISCONSIN: In Wisconsin, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 30%, Says Obama Adviser - Forbes

VIRGINIA: In Virginia, Obamacare to Cause 23% of Doctors to Stop Accepting Medicare Patients - Forbes

COLORADO: In Colorado, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 19%, Says Obama Adviser - Forbes

FLORIDA: In Florida, Obamacare to Cause 27% of Doctors to Stop Accepting Medicare Patients - Forbes

I think as people learn about this, and other sneaky insults from the Obama admin, they're doing the smart thing by voting (early) and planning to vote for Governor Romney. The Forbes series focuses on Swing States, but is just as applicable in any state.

-Allen

Here's another one for yah.....projected costs of subsidies rises by 25% or $112 billion dollars:

Report: Health law's costs continuing to grow - The Hill's Healthwatch

After the ACA passed, CBO estimated the federal government would pay a total of roughly $462 billion in subsidies by 2019. In the post-Supreme Court estimate, that total had risen to $574 billion, according to the AAF paper.

Expected costs also rose in each individual year — CBO has upped its estimate for 2018, for example, from $106 billion to $129 billion.

Good thing none of those states matter for the election or Obama may have had a problem.

I can see rate increases in the double digit for under 65. What is hard for me to process is Medicare Advantage plans taking away services since they have to cover everything Medicare covers. Where I see the cuts in Med Advantage are the bonus insurance companies receive and a little less premium from Medicare for seniors. I also see silver sneakers, dental, vision and hearing benefits being dumped of the advantage plans but as far as these other scare tactics I guess I'll have to wait and see.

If doctor's want to stop accepting the majority of the population then I suggest they go into another field.

Good thing none of those states matter for the election or Obama may have had a problem.

I doubt Obama voters read Forbes. If it isn't discussed on The View or Survivor Island they probably have no idea what you are talking about.

Where I see the cuts in Med Advantage are the bonus insurance companies receive and a little less premium from Medicare for seniors.

MA plans already cover the same things as Medicare, but often with more OOP to the policyholder. Expect copay's to increase as well as cost sharing.

If doctor's want to stop accepting the majority of the population then I suggest they go into another field.

Would you like to expand on this?

Back