Foreign Driver's License - Just Moved to States?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
Will Progressive write this? He's waiting on his state license but he has a license from France. Anybody ran into this before? Will carriers hammer him on prior insurance?

Will Progressive write this? He's waiting on his state license but he has a license from France. Anybody ran into this before? Will carriers hammer him on prior insurance?

Being from France, I'd hope so. I can't imagine that he could get insurance here before passing the tests here. A French driver's license...for starters, he's used to driving on the wrong side of the road!

We write a lot of international licensed drivers. Progressive all the way. With FDL surcharge and no prior. If he's married make sure to put his wife on there since they offer a tremendous married discount.

Last edited:
Being from France, I'd hope so. I can't imagine that he could get insurance here before passing the tests here. A French driver's license...for starters, he's used to driving on the wrong side of the road!

They drive on the right in France, same as here...

Licenses in Europe are typically much harder to get than here.

They drive on the right in France, same as here...

Licenses in Europe are typically much harder to get than here.

My bad. I was under the impression that all of Europe drove on the left, but besides the UK, there're only 3 other countries still driving on the wrong side of the road.:yes:

Back