FOREIGN LIFE INSURANCE

JACKBLACK

What are some of the top life insurance companies over seas? I am specifically talking about the middle east and europe. Also, do they follow the same rating systems as we do?

Aviva, Aegon, Axa, Allianz, ING, Nipon and Prudential are the top players that come to mind. As bad as the regulation of the industry is in the US, especially in NY, some other places are much worse. In many countries, you can only insure yourself up to the amount of your liabilities. I have read somewhere that there are companies that offer large dollar short-term loans, that you "reinvest" with them, to justify higher insurance amounts. Most of these companies have offerings in the US too, but in many cases, the European/Aisian company is separate and has different financial involvements and strengths. I caution you to look into the company's local operations, even if they are a known name.

And on another note, other nations don't have restricted nature of the MEC, as in you can put as much money as you want inside the insurance contract.

Since this thread has been brought back, I have a question that is related. Can life insurance be sold to an ex-pat? What if they have dual residency here and abroad? Are claims paid if they die outside of the country?

Larry, did someone hack you account?

BTW, has anyone ever told you that you look like a happier Chris Dodd with better trimmed eye brows?
I just wanted to see what it was like to bring back a 6 year old thread. It was kind of a letdown. Expectation far exceeded reality.

Chris Dodd, huh... no reason to be jealous. For a token fee I'll let you use my pic on your site. :D

Since this thread has been brought back, I have a question that is related. Can life insurance be sold to an ex-pat? What if they have dual residency here and abroad? Are claims paid if they die outside of the country?

You can usually sell policies to people who live outside of the U.S. They'd need to come to the U.S. for everything (paperwork and medical underwriting). Most companies would require a some form of secondary residence or reason to be here like a job. They would also need a U.S. account and all premiums would need to be paid in U.S. currency.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chris Dodd, huh... no reason to be jealous. For a token fee I'll let you use my pic on your site.

Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that one. ;)

Last edited:
Back