Foreign Travel Insurance

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a client who regularly goes to Mexico for 4 months during the winter. She and her husband have Medicare and Plan G. Since Plan G will only pay for foreign emergency medical care incurred during the first 60 days of their visit to Mexico, she has asked me to help her find some alternative foreign travel insurance to cover the 3rd and 4th months. I have no experience with this type of insurance. Can anyone recommend a good foreign travel policy? Thanks!

I have a client who regularly goes to Mexico for 4 months during the winter. She and her husband have Medicare and Plan G. Since Plan G will only pay for foreign emergency medical care incurred during the first 60 days of their visit to Mexico, she has asked me to help her find some alternative foreign travel insurance to cover the 3rd and 4th months. I have no experience with this type of insurance. Can anyone recommend a good foreign travel policy? Thanks!

I use insuremytrip.com every time I travel outside the USA

ANY out of country traveler should consider an international medical plan covering the entire length of the stay.

Ask your current provider about whether your policy covers you and your family while traveling abroad. Some insurance policies do extend coverage across borders, although there can be limitations based on location and type of medical care. Even if your current policy offers some coverage, it might be wise to seek out supplemental travel insurance that covers a wider array of services, including emergency services

This has already been answered. He is the agent and he knows they do not have coverage.

Back