Foreign Travel Insurance

JJ2713

Guru
Any recommendations on foreign travel insurance?

MedSupps cover some foreign travel, but most (all?) MAPDs don't.

A few options I've seen:
- GeoBlue
- IMGlobal

Any info on either?
My understanding is that BCBS is captive, so no independent agents can sell BCBS insurance. Maybe the travel insurance (GeoBlue) is different.

Can you contract directly or need to go through an FMO?

I am contracted independently with IMG and GeoBlue. You may go to their respective websites and apply to become an agent with each, provided that you have an NPN.

• GeoBlue offers high-quality plans but can be a little more expensive.
  • HCCMIS' Atlas Plan is a popular option and a quality low priced option
  • Seven Corners plans are great and priced in the mid-range.

The FMO I contract with Senior Market Sales in Omaha has good travel website. I don't write it but am affiliated so get referral for it. They have really nice site that gives you quotes from quite a few companies. Home

Any recommendations on foreign travel insurance?

MedSupps cover some foreign travel, but most (all?) MAPDs don't.

A few options I've seen:
- GeoBlue
- IMGlobal

Any info on either?
My understanding is that BCBS is captive, so no independent agents can sell BCBS insurance. Maybe the travel insurance (GeoBlue) is different.

Can you contract directly or need to go through an FMO?
I know you mentioned Med Supps, but before I got Medicare, my BCBS covered emergencies outside the U.S. Getting a regular prescription filled...not covered. :no:Getting run over by a hedgehog...covered.:yes:

Before you buy travel insurance, make sure you aren't already covered.

A question, When you have med supp with 50K international, can you buy a high deductible travel plan and use the med supp for the deductible?

GeoBlue offers high-quality plans but can be a little more expensive.

Perhaps you get what you pay for.

I have suggested IMG, HCCMIS and other plans in the past. Once I "discovered" GeoBlue I have never recommended another plan.

A question, When you have med supp with 50K international, can you buy a high deductible travel plan and use the med supp for the deductible?

As I recall, the highest deductible I have seen for intnl medical is $1500.

Coverage is more comprehensive than the Medigap "foreign travel" benefit and premiums are not bad.

I always recommend foreign travel medical coverage and don't rely on your Medigap plan.

Therefore, the insurance must be issued together with the plane tickets[/QUOTE]

Nope

Back