Foreign Travel & Life Insurance, Middle East

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Travel to middle east, to a country that has a travel warning. Two trips, one spring and one fall, not more than 5-6 weeks total.

Any suggestions? Some are being drawn to short term work in these locations because the pay is high.

If we think about it, the chance of random violence in our country is heightened depending on location, and is higher than many 1st world countries. Not that this statement would change the underwriting decision.

I'm sure others will chime in on this, but if I had a particularly difficult issue similar to this, I'd probably contact Petersen and get some ideas.

https://www.piu.org/

They're the only company that I know of that offers kidnap & ransom coverage.

Travel to middle east, to a country that has a travel warning. Two trips, one spring and one fall, not more than 5-6 weeks total.

Any suggestions? Some are being drawn to short term work in these locations because the pay is high.

If we think about it, the chance of random violence in our country is heightened depending on location, and is higher than many 1st world countries. Not that this statement would change the underwriting decision.

For life it is going to depend on the company. Usually they have a list of countries that if a client is going to prior to purchase, they will no extra charge, flat rate or decline.

Sort of like the smoking or sky diving question. If you're planning on doing it or have records of being involved in it prior to purchase of a life policy and then claim you didn't on the app.... well your beneficiary will get your premiums back.

Back