Foremost Vs. National General

nothing seems to have changed since going from GMAC to NGen.... they still change their mind constantly about the markets they want to go after. it's like they're playing whack a mole.

At least They pay well for non standard.

A big part of N'Gen's problem (and this goes back to when they were GMAC) is that they go after the non standard market, but use underwriting guidelines that fall more along the lines of a standard carrier. that shrinks the market to where is isn't profitable.

you can't do both! either be standard or be non-standard. They keep jumping back and forth so much that they never gain any market share.

A big part of N'Gen's problem (and this goes back to when they were GMAC) is that they go after the non standard market, but use underwriting guidelines that fall more along the lines of a standard carrier. that shrinks the market to where is isn't profitable.

you can't do both! either be standard or be non-standard. They keep jumping back and forth so much that they never gain any market share.

Not to mention jumping back and forth about whether they even want to be in a state at all.

I called them up a couple months ago because sure why not, and discovered they have pulled out of SC AGAIN. I believe this makes at least the third time I know of that Nat Gen/GMAC/Integon/whoever they want to call themselves have left the state.

they recently pulled out of Ohio too. Ohio has these special type of non owner auto policies that N'Gen was very competitive on.... but as of Dec 18, they're gone! They had only been doing this for a little over a year before they gave up.

I asked the sales rep about selling their regular auto insurance.... he told me their prices are so horrible that we'd be wasting our time filling out paperwork.

our sales reps for National General change every 6 months. But again as much as I hate them...they DO get their fair share from us. We did probably 100k w/ them last year & they're paying us around 15% new business w/ the SIAA overrides + profit sharing if the group is profitable. Which...we never are.

NatGen & Foremost are good in Florida. Can't stand Progressive. Don't write them if you have someone else close in price. I've lost several good customers when Progressive sends them letters with pricing much lower if your client goes directly to them & bypasses you. Real ass.....s I was writing them for 23 years but now I'm done. Know anyone who wants to buy a Progressive book?

Back