Forethought Not Prepared for Medicare Supplement Business?

Rollem

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Ohio
I have been trying to bite my tongue to see how they were going to handle/correct a few problems we have had with slow underwriting and jacked up commissions, but DANG!
Has anyone else had issues with Forethought's new MedSupp department?

Its a mess. I won't write them. Can't get policies issued in a timely manner or paid.

Last edited:
They are very bad. Worse than Family Life in my opinion. I hope they improve once agents can check policy status on their website.

Are they this disorganized on the FE side?

I must be a glutton for punishment as I just turned in 2 more.

It is hard not to write Forethought for the following reasons-

24% commission
0 interest on advance commission
NO POS
Selective underwriting

Where are you located? There has to be an easier option. Heck, I bet after you answer, you'll get 30 of them today from assorted posts. :)

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. I'm in South Carolina so who should I be writing?:goofy:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. I'm in South Carolina so who should I be writing?:goofy:
I know that there are several carriers with rates in the same range. I am not telling you to write any specific one, but it seems to me if you cn get the same rate with less aggravation you might want to do it. As to the commentary I mentioned, I'm not the only marketer on here so I figured you would get a varied offering of alternative carriers from everyone.

Back