Form to Allow Late Enrollment Part A?

The only problem my wife and I had was that some of the SSA identification questions go back such a long time for things like residences and loans that it is a little difficult to remember the "right" answers.

I think it took me 3-4 tries to figure out the answers they wanted to their questions for me-my wife's were almost the same and we got hers in two.

Yeah, it's still a challenge to sign up because of the history you have to go through.

We have to gather the last 15 years of work history for some of our clients. Imagine asking someone a 60 year old with 7 jobs in the last 15 years what they did in 2005... Hell, I can't remember what job I had for sure in 05 except I was in the insurance business until late 05.

Now imagine they are already anxious and untrusting of the Social Security process and have memory issues due to a neuro disorder or short fused because of pain..

Luckily I don't have to do it all the time and those issues aren't there all the time, but those can be a real bitch.

It's 10% of the premium for per each full year they should have signed up for it. It lasts for a multiple of 2 for each full year.

No LEP on A.

No LEP on B either in this case. Creditable coverage.

Just a PITA because they did not enroll in A when first

I haven't taken the time to go to the local SS office to prove that I'm me yet.

Maybe SS has you marked as dead.

I have a lady that is T65 august that has been trying for 2 months to create an account. They have even sent her codes in the mail to be able to sign up but she can't get it to work. Finally, today she is going up to the SS office but this seems to be a common occurrence.

Lovely . . .

We have to gather the last 15 years of work history for some of our clients.

You would think SS would have that in their files.

Reminds me of a supposedly TRUE story about George "Goober Pyle" Lindsay's mother. As I recall she lived in Cullman, AL just north of Birmingham. Her house caught fire. This was before 911 so she called the Fire Department.

Whoever answered the phone took down the information then asked "How do we get there?"

Long pause . . .

"Don't you still have that red truck?"

This was before GPS and Google Maps too

No LEP on A.

No LEP on B either in this case. Creditable coverage.

Just a PITA because they did not enroll in A when first

Maybe SS has you marked as dead.

Lovely . . .

She just text me that she went to the office and they said someone will call her in two days to schedule an appt to come back in. She seems happy but if I were a betting man, I’d bet they don’t call her. And really? They couldn’t schedule a date right there? What a mess

You would think SS would have that in their files.

Reminds me of a supposedly TRUE story about George "Goober Pyle" Lindsay's mother. As I recall she lived in Cullman, AL just north of Birmingham. Her house caught fire. This was before 911 so she called the Fire Department.

Whoever answered the phone took down the information then asked "How do we get there?"

Long pause . . .

"Don't you still have that red truck?"

This was before GPS and Google Maps too

SSA knows whatever the IRS has on file. However, what they did (the actual job) we have no clue. Also, there's a lot of temp workers so that's equally a nightmare.

Back