Former WFG Agent - Should I retire?

MustangGT2000

Former WFG rep quit after 5 months. We know the story, recruit, no training, "you will learn the business later, focus on recruiting" , attend conventions, attend weekly meetings with loud music, exhausted friends and family, lost a few friends, SMD only cares about referrals so he can continue making money etc.....

I knew what I was getting into. I have no problem with MLM companies.

Here I am today today pretty much learned nothing besides how to recruit.

I am lost. I am told I need to learn the biz and join a captive company (farmers, NYLIfe..etc)
Some say don't because I will get screwed joining a captive company At least I will get "screwed" somehow because its not happening at home these days. Ba-da-bum

Starting solo makes no sense because I have zero experience as many say this is a tough business to start solo.

I am thinking take a loss at this point and toss my license in the garbage.

I am driven and want to make this work but I am lost where to go next.

What would you do next?

I'm currently with WFG (MD level). I would highly recommend learning about the products by calling providers and try to find an office that fits you. Some offices are all recruiting and no training on how to sell. The one I started in had a combination of both.

I see you're in California, what part?

I am in the Los Angeles area. WFG is not going to provide leads for me. I literally contacted all my friends and family. I called all the referrals they gave me. Closed a few deals but I did not have my license at the time so I made no commission. The training was all over the place. Random training meetings if you knew about it. I thought WFG would have a central hub of online training. My SMD stopped returning my calls when I had no more referrals. He moved on and is now focusing on the new recruits. Again, no harm no foul that is the name of the game.

Closed a few deals but I did not have my license at the time so I made no commission.

My SMD stopped returning my calls when I had no more referrals. He moved on and is now focusing on the new recruits.

world-financial-group-mlm-mousetrap-580x580.png

Thanks for you reply. I will review your post. I do appreciate your feedback! I tied to hang in a bit longer but made no progress.

Take your WFG / Primerica / Herbalife /
Vitameatavegamin experience as a learning experience. If nothing else, not to get nekked and drop the soap.

Most of us that have been doing this for a bit have some stories. If you stay in this WFG will just be a story you tell some other FNG in a few years. The better stories are going to be those lay down stories where someone called you to buy a $5,000Ap policy, they are P+ and paying annual.

Decide what you want to sell and hook up with someone that you want to work with.

winowisdomcolorbanner.jpg

I'm currently with WFG (MD level). I would highly recommend learning about the products by calling providers and try to find an office that fits you. Some offices are all recruiting and no training on how to sell. The one I started in had a combination of both.

I see you're in California, what part?
This is a much-overused MLM defense, and typically used to draw past agents back in when the market of fresh targets dries up due to saturation. In MLM, salvation is always around the next corner, seminar, conference or convention. The next recruit may always be that stud you've been waiting for to explode your business. Just hang in a little longer, pay an extra few months of online access, or buy a ticket to that next regional meeting, or even a few more months of premiums on the policy you bought days after being recruited. Pay no attention to the fact that corporate profits rely on wringing ever last drop out of your wallet before your carcass is disposed of in the "MLM failure" ditch of empty dreams, hollow promises and potential something-or-other. Even better if you don't even realize you were part of "MLM", or that your failure wasn't from your lack of trying, but from a system that did exactly what it was designed to do.

This is a much-overused MLM defense, and typically used to draw past agents back in when the market of fresh targets dries up due to saturation. In MLM, salvation is always around the next corner, seminar, conference or convention. The next recruit may always be that stud you've been waiting for to explode your business. Just hang in a little longer, pay an extra few months of online access, or buy a ticket to that next regional meeting, or even a few more months of premiums on the policy you bought days after being recruited. Pay no attention to the fact that corporate profits rely on wringing ever last drop out of your wallet before your carcass is disposed of in the "MLM failure" ditch of empty dreams, hollow promises and potential something-or-other. Even better if you don't even realize you were part of "MLM", or that your failure wasn't from your lack of trying, but from a system that did exactly what it was designed to do.

What problem do you have with me? Now you're making it personal. FYI I haven't been to a meeting in over 4 months because of personal issues I wish to not talk about in a insurance forum that has to do with my 10 month old daughter. You're starting to accuse me of things when I haven't even said anything. You have no f... clue how I work or how I service my own clients to go off like that.

As someone who started independent, I don't recommend that route. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably start with a strong captive (like NY Life or similar). At least they will train you - once you know how to do this business, you can decide if you want to go indy. This is not an easy business for most people, it takes hard work and lots of guts and stick-to-it-ness.

One of the biggest things that irks me about WFG and the likes is the 'work before you are licensed' thing - which means 'make no money'. You are essentially a bird dog for your upline so they don't run out of leads.
Oh, and BUY YOUR OWN POLICY ASAP (from your upline) so you can say you OWN WHAT YOU SELL. All that crap is total BS. The companies that do that just suck, plain and simple.

Back