Found a Telemarketer - Commission Only

If you really want to get super technical, giving her anything based on the deal closing could be construed as commission splitting which is a DOI violation if she's not licensed.

I never thought of that.
I would think though that as long as the telemarketer agreement spells out that they are not to discuss health insurance plans at all and that the marketer is an independent contractor for the your agency just to generate interest you would be okay. Otherwise call centers would be out of business...hey, that could be a good thing since there is not one out there that is worth a dime imho.

The nice thing about doing my own telemarketing is I don't have to worry about all that, and I get to keep all the money.

I guarantee that I will make more appointments with qualified prospects and sales from calling off of a list than any telemarketer could set up for me.

In my opinion, until an agent actually talks to the prospect it is still a "cold call". It doesn't matter if it is an appointment or a phone call.

I will also be willing to bet that any good agent can take the same list their telemarketer is using, call the same people and end up with more qualified appointments/sales per 1,000 names than any telemarketer could set up for them.

If an agent is using a telemarketer because they are already well established, have a good income and don't need or want to prospect as hard as they use to, I understand that.

However, if an agent is using a telemarketer because they are lazy or "afraid of the phone" then I don't think that agent will be in insurance very long or at least not very successful at it.

I have never met an agent that is so busy writing apps every day that he/she doesn't have time to pick up the phone and prospect.

When I started selling insurance twelve hour days were the norm. It's a full-time job, not a hobby.

In my last batch of 40 leads I bought from my telemarketers I closed one. Those leads cost me around $200 and obviously I had to call and talk to 40 people. I personally generated 12 leads late last week. I closed one and have two more appointments set. Kinda a small difference - you think?

No employee has any right to know what the president of a company is making off of each sale.

What about a 1099 though? I agree that an employee has no right but what about a 1099 Telemarketer or Producer for that matter. Id thats the case and they are getting a split, do you give based on the net or gross commission on each sale?

What about a 1099 though? I agree that an employee has no right but what about a 1099 Telemarketer or Producer for that matter. Id thats the case and they are getting a split, do you give based on the net or gross commission on each sale?

You are replying to an 8 year old thread? Most of the agents that posted in this thread now sell aluminum siding or solar.

That sad situation is that this thread is about a woman who became a close friend along with her daughter who is now 15.

Sandra died last week after a stroke at about age 52. She was a wonderful, caring person and I'll miss her. Her daughter is now with her ex-husband who is no more equipped to be a father than I am to give birth.

Sad situation. Funeral is on Sunday.

Rick

My condolences Rick. Hopefully the daughter will stay on the course set by her Mother, without getting sidetracked by the ill-equipped dad. In just 3 years she'll be free to head out on her own. A very sad situation indeed..
ac

Back