Four Little Words

xrac

Guru
5000 Post Club
Usa
This is an excellent article.

Four little words can increase your per-group revenue - Articles - Employee Benefit Adviser

This approach works because I have used it. When I was working for AI we sold small amount of mostly Life, Accident, and Cancer coverage. I was taught to present our main package on every appointment and was forbidden to present the cancer policy unless I had presented the other package first.

This was how I was taught to sell the Cancer Policy. After I had made my main presentation and had either not made a sale or had made a sale I was to stand up and to begin saying my goodbyes. After I had gather up my stuff and was heading out the door I was to stop and say "Oh by the way" or "I had almost forgot" and then I presented the cancer coverage.

This approach worked. Because they prospect thought the presentation was over they had decreased their sales guard position. This approached seemed natural and didn't appear to be a canned sales presentation. It WORKED and it paid my gas!

Last edited:
That is an interesting article. I was taught that technique years ago when it was called the "Columbo close." Some of you may remember that TV program, Columbo, where Peter Falk (Lt. Columbo) would consistently use that method to off put the suspect.

What is the Colombo close? Does it have anything to do with a drug cartel?

Colombo the tv character used to start walking away from a suspect and at the last minute he would turn around and ask them a pointed question to gauge their response after they had let their guard down.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
XRAC <-----

Of topic, but where did the screen name come from? an old employer?

Last edited:
Colombo the tv character used to start walking away from a suspect and at the last minute he would turn around and ask them a pointed question to gauge their response after they had let their guard down.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
XRAC <-----

Of topic, but where did the screen name come from? an old employer?

Would you believe it is the name of another business franchisee I own spelled backwards.

Back