Fourth of July Claims??

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
So I look out the window last night and see the "rocket detonation point" in the center of the cul de sac with two of the "detonator's" younger brothers on their bikes, circling the explosions like moths.

Which leads me to be curious, do you get a lot of personal and/or property damage claims stemming from 4th of July activities?

I went googling for statistics and found the following:

The statistics are off the charts when it comes to injuries on the Fourth of July compared to any other holiday, especially when it comes to fireworks. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) looked at fireworks injuries from June 22 to July 22 in 2012 and found that an average of 200 people went to the emergency room every day with fireworks-related injuries in the month around the Fourth of July, with more than half of those injuries being burns. A total of 74% of those injured were male, with injuries mainly attributed to firecrackers, sparklers, bottle rockets, novelty devices, Roman candles, and reloadable shells. Twenty-six percent of the injured were female, who were mostly injured by public firework displays. According to the National Fire Protection Association, the risk of firework injury was highest for people between the ages of 15 and 25, followed by children under 10 years old. In addition, in 2011, fireworks caused an estimated 17,900 reported fires, including 1200 structural fires, 400 vehicle fires, and 16,300 outside and other fires, culminating in 8 deaths, 40 injuries, and $32 million in property damage.

Guess that answers the question.

Back