Fourth of July Traditions

Sounds fun. I am not sure what an SOB is though :no:

Just look in the mirror! lol (just kidding)

I mean it is one of those huge tubes that has its own base/stand and fires twice as high as the normal ones on sticks. I cant remember the brand now. Seeing JGs arsenal I feel like I should go get some more now!

Since we live on a farm and have tons of animals there is not fireworks..... As someone from Germany I love and honor this important day in our history here in the USA with probably a bit more intense feelings ... Traditions ..canning, canning, cooking and resting ....

Fireworks in my town are always a disappointment. I usually go up to Glassy mountain or Bald Rock up by the NC border and watch all the shows at once. That is what I am planning on this year.

That is actually a really good idea. I was planning on fighting the 50k ppl that are expected in town to see the fireworks. I have a plan already laid out of parking the car on the top of one of the garages that morning and getting an uber car into town around 6. Maybe I will do that instead... I bet you can see the fireworks at greenville/spartanburg/simpsonville/anderson/greer/etc from up there.

Do a lot of people go up to bald rock on the 4th? I bet ceasers head would be an even better view... of course it is closed at night and Im pretty sure they would arrest you if you sneaked in there, lol.

That is actually a really good idea. I was planning on fighting the 50k ppl that are expected in town to see the fireworks. I have a plan already laid out of parking the car on the top of one of the garages that morning and getting an uber car into town around 6. Maybe I will do that instead... I bet you can see the fireworks at greenville/spartanburg/simpsonville/anderson/greer/etc from up there.

Do a lot of people go up to bald rock on the 4th? I bet ceasers head would be an even better view... of course it is closed at night and Im pretty sure they would arrest you if you sneaked in there, lol.

I live downtown Greenville and I leave town for the fireworks lol.

I will be on top of Glassy Mountain this year by that big flag pole in the Cliffs.

The view is actually a lot better at Bald Rock. A lot more people but the Easley, Pickens fireworks are a lot closer while still being able to see Greenville and Anderson. I can see five at one time up there, three a a time from Glassy.

For a city the size of Greenville, the fireworks are pretty lame.

I live downtown Greenville and I leave town for the fireworks lol.

I will be on top of Glassy Mountain this year by that big flag pole in the Cliffs.

The view is actually a lot better at Bald Rock. A lot more people but the Easley, Pickens fireworks are a lot closer while still being able to see Greenville and Anderson. I can see five at one time up there, three a a time from Glassy.

For a city the size of Greenville, the fireworks are pretty lame.

I didnt realize we were in the same town. I live about 3 or 4 minutes from N. Main.

I agree that the fireworks could be better. But they seem to be better than the smaller surrounding cities from what I hear.

The traditions seem to change about every 4-5 years these days as the family grows and spreads out. The family traditions from when the kids were younger are some of the fondest memories I have.

This year I slept late. A little later this afternoon, the wife and I will be heading to the beach. We'll stroll around while, then relax with some cocktails and lobsters.

Back