Fraud is fraud - regardless of "fiduciary duty"

Why can't they also charge the regulators for f*** for the 1000th time. No regulator went to jail over the Madoff scandal so no surprise these things continue to happen. Politically one party wants to add 75,000 pages of regulations addressing nothing, the other one wants to do nothing. But this one needs no new regulations or new laws for advisors. The regulators could have set up google alerts and shut this down in the 2nd month in operation. Instead of that, they were busy giving fines to advisors for having the wrong 9 digit zip code on their business card or not updating change of address when they moved.

Why can't they also charge the regulators for f*** for the 1000th time. No regulator went to jail over the Madoff scandal so no surprise these things continue to happen. Politically one party wants to add 75,000 pages of regulations addressing nothing, the other one wants to do nothing. But this one needs no new regulations or new laws for advisors. The regulators could have set up google alerts and shut this down in the 2nd month in operation. Instead of that, they were busy giving fines to advisors for having the wrong 9 digit zip code on their business card or not updating change of address when they moved.
Regulators act under the direction of their well-lobbied political handlers, who receive millions of dollars annually. If you want to change the system, vote somebody else in who isn't in the hip pocket of big oil or big financial. Betsy Devos is a perfect example of money well spent.

Because that gives the appearance of doing something. Meanwhile Wall Street can continue on without pause.

Financial regulators are the Barney Fife's of the world, without an Andy to stop them. They are busy sending out SWAT on No Knock Warrants for Jaywalking, while the Cartel runs a Industrial Grade meth lab out of the house next door. And they just stop and wave to the Cartel on the way in and out.

Because that gives the appearance of doing something. Meanwhile Wall Street can continue on without pause.

Financial regulators are the Barney Fife's of the world, without an Andy to stop them. They are busy sending out SWAT on No Knock Warrants for Jaywalking, while the Cartel runs a Industrial Grade meth lab out of the house next door. And they just stop and wave to the Cartel on the way in and out.
Or in the case of the FTC, voicing their opinions on "Net Neutrality" while Wall St rapes the weak in plain sight.

I heard a group of Agents/Advisors, etc... got together and hired legal counsel to represent themselves, does anyone know of this?

Couldn't help ut smile at this comment... Years ago, I set up at a flea market in Crossville TN.. Law enforcement conducted a raid for counterfeit merchandise, tee shirts, watches, purses, nascar stuff, etc. . They came in driving military HumVees, dressed in camo and carrying automatic weapons. They seized merchandise from a few vendors but none of them had more than a couple hundred dollars worth. You would have thought they conducting a raid on the Columbian drug cartel.. :rolleyes:

Couldn't help ut smile at this comment... Years ago, I set up at a flea market in Crossville TN.. Law enforcement conducted a raid for counterfeit merchandise, tee shirts, watches, purses, nascar stuff, etc. . They came in driving military HumVees, dressed in camo and carrying automatic weapons. They seized merchandise from a few vendors but none of them had more than a couple hundred dollars worth. You would have thought they conducting a raid on the Columbian drug cartel.. :rolleyes:

Yes, the militarization of local law enforcement is a bad thing. Yes, there are times that equipment is needed, but rarely. Instead, sheriffs and chiefs feel the need to use it routinely to justify buying it, even at discount rates, and at some level I'm sure just ego and pride.

When you give someone a nice and shiny new toy, they feel compelled to use it, no matter how inappropriate to the situation.

Yes, the militarization of local law enforcement is a bad thing. Yes, there are times that equipment is needed, but rarely. Instead, sheriffs and chiefs feel the need to use it routinely to justify buying it, even at discount rates, and at some level I'm sure just ego and pride.

When you give someone a nice and shiny new toy, they feel compelled to use it, no matter how inappropriate to the situation.
Back in the day, most law enforcement officers worked by themselves armed with a .38 recover, a slap jack and balls of steel. No radio contact outside the car to call for help. Had to think fast on their feet to stay out of a disastrous situation. Wouldn't want to do it.

Back in the day, most law enforcement officers worked by themselves armed with a .38 recover, a slap jack and balls of steel. No radio contact outside the car to call for help. Had to think fast on their feet to stay out of a disastrous situation. Wouldn't want to do it.

There also was a lot of abuse by law enforcement in those days too.

It is regrettable that cops need to be so heavily armed now, it is not regrettable that they are better held accountable for their actions.

I am still beyond amazed at what cops will do knowing that basically everyone has a camera and video recorder and that they wear body cams and dash cams themselves.

There also was a lot of abuse by law enforcement in those days too.

It is regrettable that cops need to be so heavily armed now, it is not regrettable that they are better held accountable for their actions.

I am still beyond amazed at what cops will do knowing that basically everyone has a camera and video recorder and that they wear body cams and dash cams themselves.

Went down to see my folks Sunday... while making a stop at Walmart... two officers drug a guy out in cuffs who was high and making a public nuisance of himself... as well a possibly becoming dangerous...

Years ago I took test to become a county officer for a large county near us... made it to the top 5 applicants out of 100's... didn't "wear a dress" as they say and was told that I should apply again soon... So glad I didn't get chosen and didn't apply the second time...

I couldn't work with some of the retards society has produced lately... :no: most likely might be in jail myself for shooting some of them in knee caps...:skeptical:

Back