Fraud is fraud - regardless of "fiduciary duty"

Went down to see my folks Sunday... while making a stop at Walmart... two officers drug a guy out in cuffs who was high and making a public nuisance of himself... as well a possibly becoming dangerous...

Years ago I took test to become a county officer for a large county near us... made it to the top 5 applicants out of 100's... didn't "wear a dress" as they say and was told that I should apply again soon... So glad I didn't get chosen and didn't apply the second time...

I couldn't work with some of the retards society has produced lately... :no: most likely might be in jail myself for shooting some of them in knee caps...:skeptical:

Definitely, it is not an easy job, it is a balancing act.

My biggest recommendation would be to not sell anything that your insurance license and your E&O doesn't cover. These kinds of "private placement" deals SEEM to end up being such a gamble.

I would stick to well established and well rated insurance companies and their products.

The only thing I ever want to "apologize" for... is if the underlying index was negative, and so the policy had a zero return for the year (minus any IUL policy cost of insurance fees).
Why would you find a need to "apologize" for that? I am sure you disclosed that possibility at the time of sale.

Reactions: DHK
It's a whole life sales saying. "I never want to sell a policy I'd have to apologize for later." Of course, I'd disclose the possibilities - but disclosure and performance are two different things. ;-)

There also was a lot of abuse by law enforcement in those days too.

It is regrettable that cops need to be so heavily armed now, it is not regrettable that they are better held accountable for their actions.

I am still beyond amazed at what cops will do knowing that basically everyone has a camera and video recorder and that they wear body cams and dash cams themselves.

You're right! It is amazing that cops still try to pull off crap when they know they are being videoed. I'm finding that much of that is because the cops themselves don't even know the laws! It is high time they get an education on the very laws they are supposed to uphold. Crime is a problem, but so are the cops. Much of it is due to ignorance.

Brokers, advisers and insurance agents implicated in alleged $100 million investment fraud

You read about **** like this and you wonder why there was all this push for insurance agents to become investment advisers, or make annuities regulated... when there are so many other fully licensed advisers who fall for **** like this.

More regulations don't fix **** like this. Fraud is fraud, regardless of whether you're under a suitability or fiduciary standard of care.
That's true. There are laws against robbing banks but it still happens. You can have designation known to man but that doesn't make you an hones person. You are either working for the best interest of the client or you are not.

Latest posts

Back