Free Check Up and Change Insurance

Taco

Hi,
I've been paying an individual health insurance by myself since Obamacare started but my situation changed and I can no longer afford to pay for it. So I am thinking to cancel my insurance from the next month. However, I just had a free gynecologic check ups (mammogram and pop smear), one dental check up and one vaccination this year, and I wonder if I have to pay for the check ups if I cancel my insurance within the year the service provided? Is there certain period to hold an insurance to be eligible for free check ups? Or it doesn't matter as long as I have an insurance when I received the free check ups? ( I called the marketplace customer service but they didn't know the answer)

Also, I am thinking to move somewhere in the U.S. So if I cancel my insurance and want to enroll it somewhere else, would it possible to enroll the insurance other than open enrollment period (Nov-Jan)?

Thank you.

You had coverage at the point services were rendered. That said you will not be responsible for the costs provided the insurance carrier has already been billed and you've paid your portion.

Moving from one state to another does qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period. Once your new residence has been established you will be able to enroll in new coverage.

You had coverage at the point services were rendered. That said you will not be responsible for the costs provided the insurance carrier has already been billed and you've paid your portion. Moving from one state to another does qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period. Once your new residence has been established you will be able to enroll in new coverage.

Is that special enrollment true even if they have no coverage before the move or only if they have insurance and move out of network?

Back