Free Gas Cards for Leads

I'm thinking about using the free gas cards as a tool to use on my client and also maybe to offer to life agents. It might help the clients keep the appointments that they make or could be part of some advertisement.

Great. When I worked for a large P&C company, we used to give out a free atlas (pre-Mapquest days).

Why would you want an appointment with a potential life insurance client who was lured by a $5.00 gas card?

You're going to talk them into something?

Wouldn't it be just as easy to go out and get a client who owns a gas station and work something out? Go to every gas station in your local town and see who bites!

You could team up with one of those sales reps that sells gift card package to local businesses and it's a win win situation for everybody involved.

Someone care to fill me in on the scam? This is not mathematically possible.

I agree. I have used gas cards in my business at times, but it costs me $10.25 for a $10 gas card and that is probably with my company subsidizing some of the cost. There is printing and production, plus $10 in gas. Why would a gas station discount their gas? They already lose money on gas in most cases anyways.

In fairness though, I haven't checked out their website yet. I will in a bit..........:nah:

It's mostly based on breakage - the amount of cards never fully fulfilling the rebate obligations - this is how they back the program and fund the rebates . . .

Tom

p.s. - if someone follows the directions - they can get that $25 back . . .

Somewhere lies the math, that is all I am saying.

At a 5 cent per gallon or so margin at the gas station how you can give back 25% is a new math formula to me.

Back