Free Gas Cards for Leads

I agree. I have used gas cards in my business at times, but it costs me $10.25 for a $10 gas card and that is probably with my company subsidizing some of the cost. There is printing and production, plus $10 in gas. Why would a gas station discount their gas? They already lose money on gas in most cases anyways.

In fairness though, I haven't checked out their website yet. I will in a bit..........:nah:

I checked out the website and don't see where you can give away $10 in gas. It looks like you have to give away $100 at a time, which is very expensive per client. Also, there were a variety of rules and restrictions to claim your voucher. Most clients don't like to go through that hassle. It seems quite a bit more difficult than just buying $10 gas cards to give out with no restrictions or hassles.

Customers are interesting with gift cards. We tracked gift cards that we gave out in the past and only 50% of people ever redeemed the cards that we PAID for and gave them. We now use a system where they go to a website and redeem a gift card for $10 for a large assortment of stores and I don't get charged until they actually redeem the card. If they don't redeem the card, I just pay the postage for sending it, but not for the card itself. It is still amazing how many people order cards and don't redeem them.

Having to track and send in receipts is far to complicated a process. Heck, I barely go through $100 of gas in a month and definitely don't buy it all at the same station (which is sad considering it's 2 times a month to the gas station).

If you want it to work, keep it simple. If you want it to be productive, make sure it's relavant to what your selling.

Dan

I used to buy gas on Priceline. You could bid on it in 100 gallon lots. At first I was saving about 35 cents per gallon. The savings got less and less and then they ended the program.

It was pretty convenient.

It does not have to be at the same station. Example you can pick shell and go to any shell station.

I'm never heard of anyone not spending $100 in gas a month. It cost me $82.00 to fill up my Dodge SUV and that last me 3 days at most. 12mpg. So All I would have to do is send in 2 fill up receipts from Shell to get $25.00 of free Gas. Don't sound that bad to me. Gas is $4.29 a galloon here near Atlanta Ga, if the station still has it today.

This idea won't be for everyone, but some agents will be able to use the idea to improve their sales.

Start asking people, would they send the receipts of them filling up 2 times at the same gas station brand, like Shell, to get a free $25.00 Shell Card? and they can do this for 4 months. I will do this for the rest of my life. I just wish someone told me about this a long time ago. I'm selling myself on the idea. All we talk about here in GA is Gas Prices. It is very easy to start talking to anyone about the price of gas and maybe how you can help them get some free gas.

Personally, I just hate rebate mentality. I always get distracted and rarely send in the rebate forms, even when it is more than $25 involved. I can't see me doing it for $25.

It might work in your area, doesn't sound like you have much to lose, some to gain, worth a shot. Personally, I like to keep it simple.

And yes, I rarely spend a $100 a month in gas. The last 2 months have been an exception for me, because we've moved, which has caused a temporary spike in driving. Once this settles out, my driving will decrease.

I drive about 8000 miles a year (actually less, but I'll push my luck for this). My Jaguar gets about 30 miles to the gallon on the freeway, so even at $4.00 a gallon, it's less than $100 a month.

Now, my wife drives about 20,000 miles a year. She might do the rebate thing.

Dan

It does not have to be at the same station. Example you can pick shell and go to any shell station.

I'm never heard of anyone not spending $100 in gas a month. It cost me $82.00 to fill up my Dodge SUV and that last me 3 days at most. 12mpg. So All I would have to do is send in 2 fill up receipts from Shell to get $25.00 of free Gas. Don't sound that bad to me. Gas is $4.29 a galloon here near Atlanta Ga, if the station still has it today.

This idea won't be for everyone, but some agents will be able to use the idea to improve their sales.

Start asking people, would they send the receipts of them filling up 2 times at the same gas station brand, like Shell, to get a free $25.00 Shell Card? and they can do this for 4 months. I will do this for the rest of my life. I just wish someone told me about this a long time ago. I'm selling myself on the idea. All we talk about here in GA is Gas Prices. It is very easy to start talking to anyone about the price of gas and maybe how you can help them get some free gas.

I'm still a little lost. Is the program that you have to pay $100 for a voucher for your customer and they jump through these hoops to get the free gas (that you paid for) or is the program that you simply get $100 of gas at the station, send in the receipts and receive $25 in free gas (at no cost to you). If the later is the case, then it is definitely worth it, particularly for yourself.

Can you clear that up for me? :goofy:

Back