Free Link Building Information

JohnWalker

Guru
100+ Post Club
With the recent influx of people trying to sell you half ass services on insurance-forums and the abundance of "internet marketers" I thought I'd provide some free information. All I ask is that you make a nominal donation of $699 / month to a charitable cause. Groats Disease plagues 0 Americans per year and one of its leading advocates is actually an active participant on IF.

But back to the actual information. Link building is one of those taboo subjects that everyone knows is important but nobody wants to talk about how to do it. So from me to you here is one of the resources I personally use and a free tool.

While I can not endorse paying for his service as I have never used it, John Cooper of Point Blank SEO has compiled a comprehensive list of link building strategies. I reference this list a lot when brain storming ideas for new campaigns. It is a great list of link building practices (good and bad) which includes descriptions and ranks their over all effectiveness. The list itself is also a great example of link bait.

One of my favorite tools for link building is Open Site Explorer. It is a great tool for researching competitor back links and the information it provides can be crucial for developing your own and understanding other's link building strategies. It does also cost $99 unless you know whats up :biggrin:. Please remember to donate to the Groats Disease foundation because what I am about to tell you is a $1200 value :D.

To get free access to OSE - SEOmoz.org offers a free 30 day trial membership which does require a $1 credit card verification. You can cancel after 29 days for a full refund (still only $1 at this point). You can then re-register with another email address and repeat the process. The membership gives you access to OSE and other less useful tools. I have been doing this for the past year with no issues. Just remember to cancel the membership before the 30 days or they will charge you $99 (still kind of worth it but hey free is better right).

Some strategies to use with OSE are explained in the Point Blank SEO guide but my personal favorite is playing link pirate with SEO company websites. DISCLAIMER: you should first know the difference between good links and bad links to use this strategy which is why I highly recommend raiding reputable SEO company profiles. Here is one to start: DEJAN SEO. By looking at a profile like this you can get an idea of what a complete well rounded profile should look like and you may even be able to pick up a few of their links.

This is no means a comprehensive guide but hopefully you can get some understanding and a free tool on how to build links.

Last edited:

"Groat's Disease - Curb your Enthusiasm - A neurological disorder presumed to have a high mortality rate through a slow, painful process. Rob Reiner describes it affecting "kids and adults who have a tough time controlling their hyperactivity. It's as if you were on five cups of coffee at all times."

Please support. we actually have 2 members (insurancetechhead and transferman) on this forum who benefit directly from your donations. This disease is no joke!

Last edited:
Naturally, I love and appreciate the shoutouts for Groats Disease and the annual "Walk Across America For Groats Disease which begins on March 21st!

Re link-building...Such a hot topic. My big question is the link disavow link tool that has now been around for a while. Is it actually helping? On one of the sites I am affiliated with, a request was submitted. No response yet.

Happy Groating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally, I love and appreciate the shutouts for Groats Disease and the annual "Walk Across America For Groats Disease which begins on March 21st!

Re link-building...Such a hot topic. My big question is the link disavow link tool that has now been around for a while. Is it actually helping? On one of the sites I am affiliated with, a request was submitted. No response yet.

Happy Groating.

I've never been penalized *knock on wood* but the disavow tools is not 100% guaranteed. So I heard the process is after you submit a disavow you must submit a reconsideration request and those are reviewed manually, meaning it could take some time.

The way the more advanced SEO people seem to be going (by "advanced" I mean people who have been working with backlinks for many, many years and really DO know what they're talking about) is to work with what is now known as "tiered links" sometimes two or three levels deep.

The issue is not only to create good, solid backlinks that improve website position -- the issue is also to devise a multi-tiered linking structure that prevents Google from figuring out exactly what you are up to.

While having to conceal your backlinking activities seems somewhat stupid, Google has arrived at a point where they are essentially "extorting" small businesses by making the whole backlinking thing such a mess, devaluing website positions and creating a lot of misinformed paranoia. The solution, of course, is not to worry about organically ranking at all but to instead buy Google AdWords advertising.

The tiered way of backlinking is probably the "future" for anyone who wants to create backlinks effectively and not spend hours and hours trying to get one reciprocative link. And always remember -- these days, for the first time in Internet history -- your rankings can actually SUFFER if you use the wrong backlinking strategy.

You don't have to believe me -- just do a little search for tiered backlinks, etc.

Probably a good time to bring this up. My new Link-building system (It's called eighterr) since I only charge eight bucks a gig, is live.

So far, 26 people have bought at least 10 of my gigs ($8 each) and have seen astonishing results. Comments like "What the F**k" and "How could this have happened" are common. I can just feel their passion.

Anyhow, for the first 20 respondents, you can have one of my eighterr gigs for $6. Maximum 100 gigs per person per hour. I guarantee you'll be yelling and screaming too (after you see how your website moves in the SERPS).

Better hurry.

Last edited:
Probably a good time to bring this up. My new Link-building system (It's called eighterr) since I only charge eight bucks a gig, is live.

So far, 26 people have bought at least 10 of my gigs ($8 each) and have seen astonishing results. Comments like "What the F**k" and "How could this have happened" are common. I can just feel their passion.

Anyhow, for the first 20 respondents, you can have one of my eighterr gigs for $6. Maximum 100 gigs per person per hour. I guarantee you'll be yelling and screaming too (after you see how your website moves in the SERPS).

Better hurry.

LOL more like "What the F**K" "How could this have happened" "my website is deindexed".

sign me up Cincinnati Auto Insurance

I have $500 to spend on seo. Is there any seo masters out there that will take my money? It seems hard to find anyone willing to do it.

chumps will take it and put you on his 10th page guarantee! jokes aside PM me and I'll help you. I won't do any direct work but I wont take your money either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The way the more advanced SEO people seem to be going (by "advanced" I mean people who have been working with backlinks for many, many years and really DO know what they're talking about) is to work with what is now known as "tiered links" sometimes two or three levels deep.

The issue is not only to create good, solid backlinks that improve website position -- the issue is also to devise a multi-tiered linking structure that prevents Google from figuring out exactly what you are up to.

While having to conceal your backlinking activities seems somewhat stupid, Google has arrived at a point where they are essentially "extorting" small businesses by making the whole backlinking thing such a mess, devaluing website positions and creating a lot of misinformed paranoia. The solution, of course, is not to worry about organically ranking at all but to instead buy Google AdWords advertising.

The tiered way of backlinking is probably the "future" for anyone who wants to create backlinks effectively and not spend hours and hours trying to get one reciprocative link. And always remember -- these days, for the first time in Internet history -- your rankings can actually SUFFER if you use the wrong backlinking strategy.

You don't have to believe me -- just do a little search for tiered backlinks, etc.

You are a thing of the past mike. Tiered back linking is an old strategy that spun off into other things like link wheels and link pyramids. Google knows about this and it will barely move the needle if not hurt you over all. Your future is in the past mike you SEO dinosaur you ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back