Free Lunch - Anyone?

I'm pretty sure I know this story: 10% commish and you deal with live transfer leads. They either have a telemarketing dep't or buy internet leads for live transfer.

In telemarketing, as soon as the marketer gets someone on the line who wants a quote they simply transfer that call to you. For internet leads, the second the lead is submitted the lead company calls the client. When the person answers they simply transfer the call to you.

Believe it or not, it's not an entirely bad system. The leads are expensive so the commish is low - however if you can't stand prospecting then you might want to look into live transfers - many internet lead companies offer them.

Some points:

1) The quality is not better or worse then any other lead.
2) Most of these outfits teach "one shot one kill" closes and it's purely a price-based sale. That leads to a lot of laspes/charge-backs.
3) If the company is fronting the leads you'd better be a good closer.

There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

TINSTAAFL

Unless you move to Mass than if you make less than XX you get free health care supplied by those evil rich people making more than 60 grand a year, those bastards! We'll show them! Make that much money! How dare they!

john_petrowski said:
I'm pretty sure I know this story: 10% commish and you deal with live transfer leads. They either have a telemarketing dep't or buy internet leads for live transfer.

In telemarketing, as soon as the marketer gets someone on the line who wants a quote they simply transfer that call to you. For internet leads, the second the lead is submitted the lead company calls the client. When the person answers they simply transfer the call to you.

Believe it or not, it's not an entirely bad system. The leads are expensive so the commish is low - however if you can't stand prospecting then you might want to look into live transfers - many internet lead companies offer them.

Some points:

1) The quality is not better or worse then any other lead.
2) Most of these outfits teach "one shot one kill" closes and it's purely a price-based sale. That leads to a lot of laspes/charge-backs.
3) If the company is fronting the leads you'd better be a good closer.

I got the whole story today, here it is in a nutshell:
1. The carrier you represent is GTL
2. Commission levels are 20% with an 8 month advance
3. they claim their telemarketed lead program works really well and it can be turned on and off to fit your schedule

The recruiter claims some agents working full time on the telemarketing program are making $6-8K a week, that seems rather high to me.

GTL isn't real competitive in Florida with Assurant, Aetna, and Golden Rule so I don't know if this would be viable here

This is all they offer?

http://www.gtlic.com/products_services/healthins.html

Preferred Catastrophic Plan:
Health insurance to assist with larger medical expenses.

Maximum Lifetime Benefit of $1,000,000 per covered person
Calendar Year Deductibles from $25,000 to $50,000, in increments of $5,000*
Issue ages: 18-63 years old
Individual and Family coverage available
Guarantee Renewable (may vary by state)
Common Disaster Provision
SurvivorÂ’s Coverage
Beach Street PPO
100% coverage for in-network benefits
80% coverage plus an additional $5,000 deductible for out-of-network benefits

Coverage to help with expenses such as:

Inpatient/outpatient hospital services