Free Prescription Drug Card - A Foot in the Door?

Here's a free way to get your foot in the door on a cold-call to small business owners if you're selling individual insurance (maybe even group insurance for small businesses).

In case no one knows, there are free discount drug cards online that offer savings up to 75% off on many prescriptions. My wife and I use one at Walgreens and have some pretty decent savings on her prescriptions. Here are some of the websites where you can find these...

easydrugcard.com
freedrugcard.us
yourrxcard.com

How do you do it? Here's one possible script you can use...

"Hi, ____, this is [agent's name]. I'm calling about a free discount drug card that saves up to 75% on prescriptions at the pharmacy.

I'm an agent with [company] and we offer this as a free service to folks. I'll be happy to set you up with a free drug card if you can spare 5 minutes for me to show you what I do for [people/businesses]. There's no obligation and nothing out of pocket.

Which works best for you, mornings or evenings?"

It's not a bad way to start if you're using sales genie leads or some other cold-calling list.

Just thought I'd share.

-Shaun

How do you do it? Here's one possible script you can use...

"Hi, ____, this is [agent's name]. I'm calling about a free discount drug card that saves up to 75% on prescriptions at the pharmacy.

I'm an agent with [company] and we offer this as a free service to folks. I'll be happy to set you up with a free drug card if you can spare 5 minutes for me to show you what I do for [people/businesses]. There's no obligation and nothing out of pocket.

Which works best for you, mornings or evenings?"
Good gawd! Are people still doing stuff like this?

Nothing personal, but this is awful.

"If you can spare five minutes..." Why don't you just come out and beg? How do you expect the prospect to see any value in you when you're using this cheesy crap? Don't think they see right through it?

"Which works best for you, mornings or evenings?"

This is even cheesier - if that's possible. You are reading too many Tommy Hopkins books. This stuff has been out since the '80s!

You should bone up on some modern marketing methods.

These RX cards were covered in another post or two, it might be beneficial to check the threads before posting.

"If you can spare five minutes..." Why don't you just come out and beg? How do you expect the prospect to see any value in you when you're using this cheesy crap? Don't think they see right through it?

This is even cheesier - if that's possible. You are reading too many Tommy Hopkins books. This stuff has been out since the '80s!

Maybe he should hire me, LOL.

Actually Shaun - good idea . . .

Whatever it takes to break the ice and get the client "talking".

In addition - cold calling is tough. If this makes it easier for you AND you are "breaking the ice" AND getting the client to talk - Excellent!

Thanks for sharing Shaun.

Tom

Easy there, M&M. It's just a script. If anyone has a problem with it, it's nothing personal against me if you want to change it. If you'd like to share, by all means, if you used this how would you do it?

Actually, I count on it. I'd rather get someone to say "no" or "no thanks". Cold calling is nothing more than a sorting method. You can try to convince people, or you can just get in front of them and tell them what you're about. If they don't care, don't waste your time...

What, like affiliate quote websites? Yeah, because no one's doing that, and no one's spending money to get one up and running either. Mailings? How much does that cost nowadays anyway? Shared internet leads? No one's using those or paying for those either, right?

Like I said, I'm completely open to hear your ideas. I'd like to think a free marketing approach is a refreshing thing to think about, but hey, what do I know?

Two things:

Neither of those opening statements do anything to either engage or qualify the customer.

Also I think it would be better to utilize this RX card as a value added benefit that possibly another agent won't offer.

And Mrs. Consumer, keep an eye out for that free RX card . . .

How about my very personal favorite?

"Hi Mr. Business Owner, is the cost of health care giving you a headache?"

It's clever, humorous and gets the no or yes that we need to know in order to move forward or move onto the next call.

Copyright Liano 2008
:biggrin:

Shaun -

Thank you for mentioning my company's drug card - EasyDrugCard in this post. We do have pre-printed cards available in both brochure and business card formats available for distribution. We work with many companies and agents that use our card as a marketing segway into other health-related products. We can provide cards for general distribution and have worked with brokers to personalize cards for specific client needs in group situations.

Please feel free to contact us via our website for more information (use the contact link at the top right of our home page).

Christopher Petersen, CEO - Elations Health

Back