Free Website that Rocks

AdvisorsIns

Guru
100+ Post Club
I fretted over spending money to have a site built and did not want just a run of the mill template. People kelt calling and calling to set me up with a website. One day my wife bartered with a photographer to have our 1 year old at time get her pictures done professionally and in return my wife cleaned her home for 6 months once per month. Pretty good deal I thought. Those pictures are expensive. I thought to myself if i could figure out a way to barter for a website custom built. A friend had been approaching me about once per month to build my site so I finally called him back and we did this: he created the site hosts it and does all the SEO for free. In return I pay him $10. For every lead generated by the site when a quote is able to be presented to the prospect. I Also refer him to any start up businesses I insure. It has worked perfectly. No money out of my pocket up front and he makes money when I quote. I am quoting for the past week about 1 per day and close 1 out of 3. Not bad.

I fretted over spending money to have a site built and did not want just a run of the mill template. People kelt calling and calling to set me up with a website. One day my wife bartered with a photographer to have our 1 year old at time get her pictures done professionally and in return my wife cleaned her home for 6 months once per month. Pretty good deal I thought. Those pictures are expensive. I thought to myself if i could figure out a way to barter for a website custom built. A friend had been approaching me about once per month to build my site so I finally called him back and we did this: he created the site hosts it and does all the SEO for free. In return I pay him $10. For every lead generated by the site when a quote is able to be presented to the prospect. I Also refer him to any start up businesses I insure. It has worked perfectly. No money out of my pocket up front and he makes money when I quote. I am quoting for the past week about 1 per day and close 1 out of 3. Not bad.

How long do you intend to keep this up? Eventually, the lead costs will be over his initial charges. You should tell him no more referral money whenever the payout reaches his normal charges. Make him host the website free if you are sending him new start ups.

You had your wife clean someone else's home?! Really?!

With the $15,000 I paid for my website my wife would have been doing a lot more than cleaning to pay off my fee. Oy vey.
I know we've talked about this before, but the day I spend $15k on a website is the day that website can do my laundry, fix me a sammich, check the air in my tires, and other personal services of my choosing.

Back