Fresh Quotes Vs Aged Leads (Numbers Dont Lie)

You didn't say what you were selling...

For this: You purchase $1000 worth of fresh leads at $13-15/lead. You have to call and follow up with around 70 leads and should be able to close around 7-12 policies.
------yes, this should hold true.

and this: You purchase $1000 worth of aged leads for $1/lead. You have to call and follow up with 1000 prospects and should be able to close between 10-20 policies.
----------------You should be able to do this as even a new agent selling anything except maybe FE (never tried that one, so wouldn't know, but it'd probably work there too, or for anything for that matter), by not spending a dime.

You should close as an "average" or new caller 1-2 out of every 100 calls. I've done it, do it all the time, it never fails. When I'm feeling above "average", i.e. in a good mood for the phone the closing ratio is higher.

Get referrals after the sales --- always. That helps down the road when you build your funnel to help you from having to make so many calls.

Personally, I've done both. When health insurance was awesome and I sold a ton of Assurant...I cold called for three years, then bought leads from PZ for about 4 years, regularly, and your numbers are accurate. I cold call for everything these days...and get referrals.

I also tried warm or "fresh" leads with crappy results for life insurance...better off cold calling. Most lead companies sell the hell out of leads to many agents, and by the time you get a so called fresh lead, 15 agents already called on it...huge waste of money imo.

BUt, why on earth would you consider spending $1000 on aged leads at a $1 a pop? Save your money and cold call is my suggestion.

Or, send me the $1000 and I'll send you 1000 numbers, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have aged leads. lol.

You should be able to make 200 calls in an 8 hour period...that's not my goal, but sounds like your goal is as many as you can get in in a day. I've watched guys do 300 in a regular work day. I mentally cannot do that many, but that's me...not my goals, but it can be done.

Last edited:
Good discussion Lakshmi. This is the type of comments that I was looking for.

I didn't mention in the original post but later mentioned that I sell P&C. I am a fairly new rep and I mostly purchase Home leads and try to cross sell Auto.

My stats are definitely not going to be exact and the same for everyone. The whole point of the thread is to see where my money would be best spent.

I have a budget of $1000/month. My goal is to sell at least 30+ policies a month. Trying to determine if my money would be best spent purchasing Fresh shared leads vs Aged Leads.

Good suggestion on getting referrals on every sale which I am really trying to implement. I also send thank you cards to every client a week after the sale again asking for referrals.

I don't have an autodialer but I dont remember ever making more than 150 calls in a week. Maybe that is one of my issues.

Keep the discussion coming. Any ideas are appreciated.

It's about COA and ROI.

Close 1:100 aged leads @ $1.00 a pop, you got an COA of $100. Also, don't discount with aged leads, you can usually get some pretty good filters, that aren't available on "real-time" leads or live transfers...IE.....minimum of 2 people on the quote, currently insured etc etc..

Back