Friends and Family

Newguy12

Expert
I am wondering what you guys think about posting insurance posts on your personal Facebook page? I normally will only do a quote or a repost from lifehappens.org since some of their graphics/info is very good for the general public to hopefully get their attention.

My reason for asking is more or less because today after reporting something one of my FB friends commented "please stop" and rather than blast him for his BS he posts I just let it be but I am wondering if I should just stop all together. I'm not an insurance poster abuser either, probably one post every few days.

I am wondering what you guys think about posting insurance posts on your personal Facebook page? I normally will only do a quote or a repost from lifehappens.org since some of their graphics/info is very good for the general public to hopefully get their attention.

My reason for asking is more or less because today after reporting something one of my FB friends commented "please stop" and rather than blast him for his BS he posts I just let it be but I am wondering if I should just stop all together. I'm not an insurance poster abuser either, probably one post every few days.

I do this every single day. I post about auto, life, and home.

Some of my most used posts are like this, "I just saved a guy $100 a month on his auto insurance! Sure makes my job fun when I can help someone save over $1000 a month! Message me if you'd like a quick quote!"

Its worked out well. I get a response every now and then and write a policy.

The main reason I do it is because I have about 650 FB friends. I want them to remember me when they buy that new car or get a rate increase with their current carrier.

I will post something insurance-related at least twice per month and more frequently if it ties in to a current event or news story. It's never blatantly self-promoting. I've had many (hundreds) comments thanking me for sharing information they didn't know or that helped them in some way.

The most popular posting was about auto liability limits and the risks of carrying state minimums (25/50/25 in Georgia). Even the standard 100/300/100 that has been recommended for the last few decades is too low. I quote everyone at 250/500/100 or higher and it usually costs less than $50 per year more than 100/300/100. I got 100+ comments and 'Likes' and at least 30 people increased their limits based on my posting...and I gained at least 20 new customers in the following months because of it.

My second greatest hit was discussing Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage. I was astounded to learn how many people had high liability limits but only had 25/50/25 UM/UIM coverage! I always match liability limits- why shouldn't you and your family have the same amount of protection that you have for everyone else on the road? More than 20% of Georgia drivers are uninsured, so UM/UIM protection is more important than ever! That also topped 100 comments/likes and it earned me a dozen or more new customers! I also heard from a few local captive agents who were the ones writing policies with 25/50/25 UM/UIM...they were NOT happy that I was actually educating some of their customers and those customers were cancelling their policies as a result! Let's just say if I ever go missing, the State Farm and Allstate agents in my area will all be suspects! ;)

I've earned well over 100 new customers iin the last two years just from the Facebook postings! So it has been very successful for me...and a many more people now have appropriate coverage types and limits because of my postings. I sleep better at night knowing that I've helped people protect themselves and their families properly, even if I didn't make a penny from it! Apparently, an insurance agent with an actual conscience surprised (shocks) some consumers and other agents!? ;)

Keep posting and send that rude little troll a message! Explain that many people find your posts helpful and very informative. It's unfortunate that he is one of the few who don't seem to appreciate them. Basically, make him feel like dirt and shame him for being a jerk for his comments. Make him ponder why he's the only one who doesn't appreciate your postings. Of course, you'll need to do this via private message or email. Try to sound concerned that he seems to be only one who has an issue with it...so the problem must be his, not yours! =)

I post helpful articles from around The Internets on the lines of business I write and they post automatically to my personal page as well. I avoid direct solicitation but invite questions on the subject matter. Its gotten me a few appointments and clients I would have never reached. As for your complaining friend, take the advice above. The problem is them.

I post most days to my business FB page. It only shows up on FB pages of people that have liked it. I do not post much insurance related material on my personal page.

There is a lot of positive ways to take advantage of Facebook. People are more interested in winning something or learning about something new rather then straight solicitation. Good luck.

Back