From Selling Life Insurance to Selling LTC

antireed

Expert
Hello,

I currently only hold my life producer's license and only sell term life insurance as an independent agent.

I all of the sudden had multiple family members approach me in search of long term care insurance -- wondering if I could help them with that.

I'm assuming I would have to get my health license before selling LTC?

What else would I have to do in the meantime to prepare? Recommendations for carriers to go with?

Any advice from anybody else who has ever made this transition?

Hello,

I currently only hold my life producer's license and only sell term life insurance as an independent agent.

I all of the sudden had multiple family members approach me in search of long term care insurance -- wondering if I could help them with that.

What else would I have to do in the meantime to prepare? Recommendations for carriers to go with?

get a mentor.

:GEEK::GEEK::GEEK:

Work with someone. LTC is nothing close to term. With term you only screw someone for a few dollars. With LTC you can really do harm.

Before you cause harm you need to really know what you're doing. Coming here to ask is the first step. Where do you live and maybe someone can recommend an expert with whom you can work.

Rick

Hello,

Yes, need to get health license and complete 8 HR LTC Partnership training. Your state may have additional CE requirements.

Get appointed with Mutual of Omaha, Mass Mutual, MedAmerica, Genworth, Lincoln, State Life to start with. These companies will give you a good place to start and your bases will be covered.

originally posted by ltcadviser

Yes, need to get health license and complete 8 HR LTC Partnership training. Your state may have additional CE requirements.

Get appointed with Mutual of Omaha, Mass Mutual, MedAmerica, Genworth, Lincoln, State Life to start with. These companies will give you a good place to start and your bases will be covered.

Gee, it's that easy to sell LTCi?
Especially for an agent who probably doesn't know what ADL stands for.

Back