Frustration for Captive P&C Agent

Fighting Scots

OKay, most of this is frustration talking. I am a captive agent, out in the sticks, about two hours from my general agent. The problem? No frickin guidance! I took this position one year ago, and I told them I didn't know what I didn;t know. Damn it, I am left high and dry, no support!

Can anyone give me some guidance on what I should be doing, and how I should be doing it? Cus I am about ready to walk.

From the sounds of it, you are hesitant about pulling the trigger; GO! LEAVE! QUIT! You can find an agency to help you, just do your homework. Make sure you have somewhere to go before you leave! Look for someone that can use your talent in a positive way. Get them to commit to giving you the training you need. Keep your outlook positive, because you will deal with plenty of negatives that you have to overcome for success. Most of all, know what your contract says regarding non-competition, terms of departure, and whether or not you take ownership of the book of business you have. From what you have said, I doubt that will be a problem. Good luck, and feel free to ask questions; the Forum is about agents helping agents. Get answers and ask questions!

OKay, most of this is frustration talking. I am a captive agent, out in the sticks, about two hours from my general agent. The problem? No frickin guidance! I took this position one year ago, and I told them I didn't know what I didn;t know. Damn it, I am left high and dry, no support!

Can anyone give me some guidance on what I should be doing, and how I should be doing it? Cus I am about ready to walk.

There are tons of material on here for your subject. If I were you I'd log in with my computer because with my phone I can't find the search bar. Then put in the search bar what relates to your current situation. At one time I was also a frustrated captive agent. What company?

Thanks Lopezshow. That is exactly what i mean. Consider leaving a captive insurance agency and either work for an independent agent or start an independent insurance agency.

Don't know enough about you or your situation to recommend staying/leaving current gig. If it's not working now come up with a game plan to change your results. If you leave, you're still you-what's going to be different at the new place? I had a tremendously successful mentor when started 25 years ago so whenever I had to make a decision I'd just ask myself what he would do and do it. This business ain't the easiest especially in the beginning. I didn't make money for 5 years-now the agency runs itself and life is good. Most folks struggle in the beginning-Good luck to you.

Back