Frustration setting in.

agent007

Expert
Texas
I am getting frustrated. I have only recieved very little leads from my organiztion this month and have closed very little.I feel like I may go broke real fast. I have to get out and generate my own leads for times like these. I am glad to be a part of the board. I know I can get some confidence back from you guys to make sure I don't give up and keep moving forward.

I have 2 appt today. So hopefully I can get those closed and make me feel better about myself.

Is it common to feel self doubt the first yr in doing this? Have any of you guys gone throught this or am I just a wimp?

Thanks guys.

I would venture to guess that every single agent who goes indy and is not financially independant has those same streaks and feelings in the beginning. That is why so many leave the industry.

Keep plugging away and you will be fine. If anyone is willing to work hard and follow the path, you are gauranteed to make money. Hell, even body odor couldn't stop you if you work hard enough!

LOL, you're not alone! Every Agent including myself if human goes through bad times esp. in the beginning and losing faith in yourself can happen. Yet you have to work through it and better times are always just around the bend! At least you tell yourself that and sure enough you work hard and stay the course and sooner one of those bends will lead you to the promise land!

Thanks guys. I need those words in my head.
I know if I keep going eventually it will work its way out. Just hard to keep going when you see no light at the end of the tunnel.
I jumped into this fulltime only after 1-2 months of doing this part-time. No money saved up, no finacial plan worked out. My upline pushed me to quit my job ASAP. By the 3-4th month I upgraded my car and house under his recommendatios. Now I am wondering if that was such a great plan.
Was told that a little bit of debt is enough motivation to work even harder.
I do wish I had my bills at half the cost I have now again. I even told him I was thinking about downgrading to a smaller house and get my finances straighted out and he got a little upset with me for even thinking that.
Told me not to think small and get my butt out there and make big things happen.

:oops: :cry: *sigh*

Told me not to think small and get my butt out there and make big things happen

That is old fashioned management style. Get the guy hungry enough that he will have to work.

Nothing wrong with being hungry, but when you can't pay your bills it creates extra headache you don't need. Prospects can read it in your voice and see it in your face and the will not buy. The more desparate you seem the harder it is to close the deal.

You may need to sign on with an agency that has a salary or draw just to get some breathing room.

somarco said:
Told me not to think small and get my butt out there and make big things happen

That is old fashioned management style. Get the guy hungry enough that he will have to work.

Nothing wrong with being hungry, but when you can't pay your bills it creates extra headache you don't need. Prospects can read it in your voice and see it in your face and the will not buy. The more desparate you seem the harder it is to close the deal.

You may need to sign on with an agency that has a salary or draw just to get some breathing room.

That extra headache is what I've had for 3 days now.And I DO believe in the readings from the prospect. When they cancel on me I probably do sound desperate.

I'll keep you guys posted on how this situation pans out.

What are you selling?

I know that we all go though that stage. Maybe go back to part time. I used to have a full time job and did insurance on the side (did it for 2 years before I could sell insurance full time).

One thing I did learn:

Do not spend so much time on your image (car, house, cards, yada yada yada) to the point where you look as professional as they come and have no sales to back it. People are more impressed by you rather then your car and house. I have come up against agents who "appear" to be more successful and had no problem signing people up.

The more sales you have, the less headaches you have, the more money you have, the more your confidence grows, that is the professional formula that works.

Best of luck!!!!

OK, now for some help you can use. Platitudes aside, try this:

Get on the phone, call a company, and say,

"My name is ____________. I'm an insurance agent, here in (City). Was calling to find out if you have group health coverage there."

"Yes"

"Great. When it comes up for renewal, would it be okay for me to throw my hat in the ring."

"Sure"

"OK. When does it come up for renewal? I'll call back three months before then."

"We just signed a new agreement 3 months ago."

"OK. I'll give you a call in 6 months or so. Who should I follow up with?"

This tells them WIIFM. It tells them who you are, why you are calling, and What's In It For Them. Keep it plain. Keep it simple. Don't make small talk at this point.

I would have a census form formatted and saved on your hard drive, so you can e-mail someone who is interested, right away.

If they tell you they are already with an agent, and have been for years, HANG UP, and make the next call.

If they tell you they are happy with what they have and don't want to change, HANG UP, and make the next call.

If they want a quote over the phone, tell them you need the census information in order to get a preliminary quote in their hands, then e-mail them the census form. Or, if they are willing to give it to you over the phone, TAKE THE INFORMATION.

Don't do product dumps.
Don't tell them what's new and on the horizon.
Don't speak ill of any insurance company, even if it's the Evil Empire.

If you need a census form to go by, e-mail me and I will send one to you.

I would concentrate on small to medium sized businesses. These are the people that the Million Dollar Sellers are overlooking.

To find a list of businesses in your area, go to the library, and see if they have - either in hardback or on the internet - Business Wise Directory for your city. If not, try www.referenceusa.com which is another way to find businesses in your area.

Don't pay for leads.

Hope this helps, now...

Smile and Dial...
Remember, each "No" gets you that much closer to a "Yes"...
Tell yourself how much you love yourself...
and, for the final platitude,
Remember, you are an individual, just like everyone else!

midwestbroker said:
What are you selling?

I know that we all go though that stage. Maybe go back to part time. I used to have a full time job and did insurance on the side (did it for 2 years before I could sell insurance full time).

One thing I did learn:

Do not spend so much time on your image (car, house, cards, yada yada yada) to the point where you look as professional as they come and have no sales to back it. People are more impressed by you rather then your car and house. I have come up against agents who "appear" to be more successful and had no problem signing people up.

The more sales you have, the less headaches you have, the more money you have, the more your confidence grows, that is the professional formula that works.

Best of luck!!!!

I am selling MP.
I used to drive this old beat up car and my upline was on my arse as to when am I going to upgrade that car.

Latest posts

Back