Frustrations

Hello gang,

Just coming to vent some of my frustrations. I have a client that I have been after for about a month. They are with a brand name company and I got Declarations pages for Homeowners and Automobile.

I found them a quote with one of our carriers that would save them $655 for the year. They say they are interested really like all the money they can save. Then they have a few questions, since they have not heard of the company. I tell them, I recently put my parents with them, they are a great company, rated Excellent with AM Best. I tell them all of that stuff.

Well renewal for their auto is March 21st. I send her an email last week, she says interested and want to get something done.

I send E-mail Monday morning saying we need to get something done this week. Let me know when she wants to come by. NO RESPONSE

I send E-mail Wednesday morning and saying hey lets get together and figure it out. Needs to be done this week. NO RESPONSE

I send E-mail this afternoon saying, "Do you want to do this? Please let me know either way what you are going to do. NO RESPONSE

I am still new in the business. Does this happen to people a lot? Something I should get use to?

Man, that just ticks me off. Just be respectful!!!

I have people just drop off like that occasionally.

I once had someone cancel their home insurance with me to go with another company.........two weeks later (just as I explained to the client) their 5 vehicle auto insurance policy lost its multiple line discount and went up MORE than the home cost for the ENTIRE year. Couldn't get a response out of them...email or phone......but they continued to pay their auto insurance bill!

Sorry bout your frustrations sir ...

#1 - Insurance isnt SOLD via eamil. Use the phone. You dont work for GEICO right? Do you want polices or clients? Develop a relationship of trust and empathy for their needs

#2 - they obviously had doubts about the carrier. Not sure - "I put my parents there " ... alleviates their concerns. Why cant you name the carrier they are with - we all friends here. What carrier did yiu offer? $655 might have been too good to be true ... for them.

#3 Even Brand Name carriers have significant coverage weaknesess - add your knowledge of those FATAL coverage gaps to your price savings, and I bet you have a closed sale. Price alone doesnt motivate all buyers.

#4 People BUY emotionally and justify the purchase logically. The FEAR OF LOSS is greater than the desire for gain. If they were broke and needed the $655 - the fear of losing that savings might have been the motivator. However; if you had pointed out that they had been overpaying for coverage that was missing benefit X, Y or Z and if they had a fire or major accident and didnt have an umbrella - theyd be WIPED out ... their other agent should have advised them they need xyz limits + a $1m umbrella - and a savings of $300

Dog Bite claims examples sell umbrellas...

dogbite.jpg

backing.jpg

"Sorry bout your frustrations sir ...

#1 - Insurance isnt SOLD via eamil. Use the phone. You dont work for GEICO right? Do you want polices or clients? Develop a relationship of trust and empathy for their needs

#2 - they obviously had doubts about the carrier. Not sure - "I put my parents there " ... alleviates their concerns. Why cant you name the carrier they are with - we all friends here. What carrier did yiu offer? $655 might have been too good to be true ... for them.

#3 Even Brand Name carriers have significant coverage weaknesess - add your knowledge of those FATAL coverage gaps to your price savings, and I bet you have a closed sale. Price alone doesnt motivate all buyers.

#4 People BUY emotionally and justify the purchase logically. The FEAR OF LOSS is greater than the desire for gain. If they were broke and needed the $655 - the fear of losing that savings might have been the motivator. However; if you had pointed out that they had been overpaying for coverage that was missing benefit X, Y or Z and if they had a fire or major accident and didnt have an umbrella - theyd be WIPED out ... their other agent should have advised them they need xyz limits + a $1m umbrella - and a savings of $300

Dog Bite claims examples sell umbrellas... "

1) I do not work for Geico. I understand that email is not the best way to go, but that is how she said she preferred to communicate. Up unitl this week, she had responded great.

2) I was going to put them with Donegal Insurance. A very good company, highly rated with AM Best. I figured they would think if I trusted this company enough to put my family with them they would see how much I trust the company.

3) Donegal has a great endorsement, the PACE Protector with has additional coverage for towing, locksmiths etc. I explained all this to them and sent them a brochure on the PACE.

4) The funny thing is that not 2 months ago, I thought I had closed a sale with this ladies mother. It was all good unitl time to close the deal. Maybe it just runs in the family.

Anyways, I thought I did a good job, but I am still learning. I do like the motivation by fear. I might try that next time.

Just send that dog over to them with a note attached to it's collar . . .

Actually - I don't chase nobody.

Make contact, present the plan, ask for the sale, follow up ONCE - then file it - move on to the next one . . .

What's the commish on that anyway - $100?

Forgetaboutit . . .

Tom

Back