Fun Question! How big was your largest individual policy sale?

fjman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm about to drop a WL app for $30K+ and wondering "what's everyone's largest individual life sale?"

I know 30K isn't much for some of the producers out there but I also realize its a big case for most.

So whats your biggest single case? What did you write and why? Let the egos fly!

$11,000+ premium - former football player - went to his small mansion for a face to face. Wanted no more than a $500 deductible - I talked him into $1,000 but he wouldn't budget past that.

$11,000+ premium - former football player - went to his small mansion for a face to face. Wanted no more than a $500 deductible - I talked him into $1,000 but he wouldn't budget past that.

I have never seen a life insurance policy with a deductible? Is that unique to your state?:skeptical:

My biggest life sale was a $30k SPWL. Lady had POD CD's and we tranfered that money onto the SPWL. Gave her grandkids about double the money.

Also, my largest annuity was 184K. I sold it because I needed to pay off a gambling debt. She was 85, we put in every penny she had into a 30year contract. :laugh:

I have never seen a life insurance policy with a deductible? Is that unique to your state?:skeptical:

My biggest life sale was a $30k SPWL. Lady had POD CD's and we tranfered that money onto the SPWL. Gave her grandkids about double the money.

Also, my largest annuity was 184K. I sold it because I needed to pay off a gambling debt. She was 85, we put in every penny she had into a 30year contract. :laugh:

My Grandma is still pissed off at you!

I'm about to drop a WL app for $30K+ and wondering "what's everyone's largest individual life sale?"

I know 30K isn't much for some of the producers out there but I also realize its a big case for most.

So whats your biggest single case? What did you write and why? Let the egos fly!

Take it from me, $30K is a large premium to anyone selling life, even people from Ct. My largest thus far was a $36K on a 15 year term. 18 months later he converted the policy to a UL and the commissionable premium was $55K. The premium was fully commissionable at 85%. From what I understand though, this is a bi-weekly occurence for Ct. Life agents.

Last edited:
I once sold a guy in his 70's a homeowners policy. He couldn't see very well so I had to blow up the policy onto 17"x22" paper. That still is the largest policy I've ever sold.

*rimshot*

Back