Fun Question! How big was your largest individual policy sale?

Jul 24, 2008

1. fjman

fjman Super Genius

I'm about to drop a WL app for $30K+ and wondering "what's everyone's largest individual life sale?"

I know 30K isn't much for some of the producers out there but I also realize its a big case for most.

So whats your biggest single case? What did you write and why? Let the egos fly!

fjman, Jul 24, 2008
  2. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    $11,000+ premium - former football player - went to his small mansion for a face to face. Wanted no more than a $500 deductible - I talked him into $1,000 but he wouldn't budget past that.

3. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I have never seen a life insurance policy with a deductible? Is that unique to your state?:skeptical:

My biggest life sale was a $30k SPWL. Lady had POD CD's and we tranfered that money onto the SPWL. Gave her grandkids about double the money.

Also, my largest annuity was 184K. I sold it because I needed to pay off a gambling debt. She was 85, we put in every penny she had into a 30year contract. :laugh:

4. theinuranceguy

theinuranceguy Guru

My Grandma is still pissed off at you!

5. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    Take it from me, $30K is a large premium to anyone selling life, even people from Ct. My largest thus far was a $36K on a 15 year term. 18 months later he converted the policy to a UL and the commissionable premium was $55K. The premium was fully commissionable at 85%. From what I understand though, this is a bi-weekly occurence for Ct. Life agents.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
    bill3173, Jul 25, 2008
  6. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Guru

$575,000 annual premium for 2 fifteen million second to die policies.

7. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Well...I was going to post my all-time huigh (Second-to-die with Phoenix Life). But after seeing bluemarlin's premium...I'm too embarrased to talk about it.

Hell of a job blue.

8. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    Please post it. I'm just starting to get back into writing life insurance with some regularity, and its good to know something about what's going on.

bill3173, Jul 25, 2008
  9. bobson

bobson Guru

I once sold a guy in his 70's a homeowners policy. He couldn't see very well so I had to blow up the policy onto 17"x22" paper. That still is the largest policy I've ever sold.

*rimshot*

bobson, Jul 25, 2008
  10. arnguy

arnguy Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Huh? I too never heard of a life insurance policy with a deductible. I wonder what it was that John P. sold that football player.:skeptical:

arnguy, Jul 25, 2008