Funeral Director Wanting to Branch Out into Policies Other Than FE/PN

Ecoots01

Insurance Forum Bloggers,

I am a 5th generation funeral director of a well respected firm in our community. I recently graduated from an accredited college with a Business Administration & Economics degree, so I have the analytical skills. I recently got licensed as a life insurance agent, but have yet to be appointed by a company.
Of course there are various companies to sell pre-need and final expense for which I can decide on down the road. Although, I aspire to sell whole life, term, universal, etc. I was hoping members of this forum could share some advice on the feasibility of this attempt. I want to become an independent agent and was hoping for input on how to become an agent for various companies considering that I am already licensed.

I would appreciate comments, questions, or constructive criticism.

Thank you.

You need someone with experience to mentor you to learn the ropes. To go completely INDY without a mentor is a recipe for failure.

Insurance Forum Bloggers,

I am a 5th generation funeral director of a well respected firm in our community. I recently graduated from an accredited college with a Business Administration & Economics degree, so I have the analytical skills. I recently got licensed as a life insurance agent, but have yet to be appointed by a company.
Of course there are various companies to sell pre-need and final expense for which I can decide on down the road. Although, I aspire to sell whole life, term, universal, etc. I was hoping members of this forum could share some advice on the feasibility of this attempt. I want to become an independent agent and was hoping for input on how to become an agent for various companies considering that I am already licensed.

I would appreciate comments, questions, or constructive criticism.

Thank you.

If your family owns the funeral home you need to consider being an independent agent within the funeral home. With preneed combined with all the usual senior products you are in a great position.

Call me if you want to talk. The number is on my website.

If your family owns the funeral home you need to consider being an independent agent within the funeral home. With preneed combined with all the usual senior products you are in a great position.

Call me if you want to talk. The number is on my website.

Newby is an expert and answer any questions you have.

Latest posts

Back