Funniest Insurance Commercials

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Progressive announced they won’t be advertising during the Super Bowl this year, but instead are sponsoring “Super Duper Bingo” game based on the content of this year’s crop of Super Bowl commercials.

Players can download to their smartphone a board outfitted with illustrations of common offerings in Super Bowl ads—like an unexplained explosion, a talking animal or a B-list celebrity, etc. A photo of Flo rounds out each board's free space slot.

This got me to thinking about some of the funniest insurance commercials in recent years. Khaki-wearing Jake from State Farm has had staying power and I like most of the Aaron Rodgers State Farm spots, but for an overall body of work it’s hard to beat Geico for funny commercials even without the gecko or caveman. The two newer ones with Dora the Explorer at the South Pole and the spy getting a call from mom (“If you’re a mom, you call at the worst possible time. It’s what you do…”) are pretty good, and from a while back you had Pinocchio the Motivational Speaker and “Happier than a Camel on Hump Day.”

As Super Bowl Sunday approaches, any favorite new or all-time funny commercials (insurance or not) come to mind?

https://www.geico.com/about/commercials/#.VrPdPmQrJ-U

Geico's commercial game has been pretty strong recently.

I've been trying to coach my 5-year-old into responding to Geico commercials with "nobody likes you, Gecko", but he's not having it lol

Its not funny, but Nationwide and Peyton Manning...that freaking jingles stuck in my head.

Back