Funny Fax

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
First let me set the stage. My fax number is similar to that of a local doctor's office. The only difference is the area code. And being for a long time here in the metro Atlanta area there were only two area codes (404 and 770), I guess it isn't too far of a stretch for someone to dial 770 instead of 404 for the doctor. I get a few faxes each month meant for this particular doctor. I usually just fax it directly to his office.

Anyway, below is the text of the fax I received today (typed just as it was written):

Patients name and address

Doctors name,
Feb 18, 2013

Dear Doctors name,

Let me start out by saying that I am respectful of your and Diane's time. I however am not able to meet Mrs Nancy Pelosi's or Imperial Dictator Obama's ridiculous health care mandates. I am unable to return to your office to re-discuss my current health status that we have already gone over last month.

I have enclosed a recent photo of myself in order for you to have some additional eye to eye contact prior to my procedure on the 22nd.

Thanks,

Patient's signature

And yes, there was a copy of a photo on the second page with a note stating:

Actual recent photo of (patient's name)

with an arrow pointing to the person. Problem is, as you know, faxes don't come through in color so all you can really see are teeth.

I just wish this patient would have included a phone number or fax number so I could have gotten in touch with him.

Last edited:
Assuming he faxed from home it is very likely the fax number is his home phone # it should display the fax number on the top of the page.

Assuming he faxed from home it is very likely the fax number is his home phone # it should display the fax number on the top of the page.

Fax numbers only display at the top of the page if you set your fax machine up to display the number. It isn't automatic. I even printed out my fax activity to see if it showed the number and it doesn't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update:

Since the patient put his address on the letter I looked him up on anywho. Gave him a call and let him know what happened. He proceeded to tell me the story behind it.

He went to the doctor to schedule a routine colonoscopy. He scheduled the procedure and then had to move the date twice. Because the new date was more than 30 days from his initial doctor visit, the doctor told him because of new rules with Obamacare he had to see him again. The patient said he told the doctor,

"look, if you need me to come by and give you a high five and a chest bump I have no problem doing that. I just don't want you charging me another $110.
"

Then the doctor told him to fax him a letter with a picture and he'd put it in the file. We both got a good laugh out of it. He said to share this story with whomever I felt like sharing it with.

Last edited:
Fax numbers only display at the top of the page if you set your fax machine up to display the number. It isn't automatic. I even printed out my fax activity to see if it showed the number and it doesn't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update:

Since the patient put his address on the letter I looked him up on anywho. Gave him a call and let him know what happened. He proceeded to tell me the story behind it.

He went to the doctor to schedule a routine colonoscopy. He scheduled the procedure and then had to move the date twice. Because the new date was more than 30 days from his initial doctor visit, the doctor told him because of new rules with Obamacare he had to see him again. The patient said he told the doctor,

"look, if you need me to come by and give you a high five and a chest bump I have no problem doing that. I just don't want you charging me another $110."

Then the doctor told him to fax him a letter with a picture and he'd put it in the file. We both got a good laugh out of it. He said to share this story with whomever I felt like sharing it with.

That is funny stuff. Did you ask him about his insurance? ;)

I see it as the doctor using Obamacare as an excuse to justify an additional visit for revenue. Just as we use it an excuse when asked why premiums are higher. (although, ours is a truthful response)

Reminds me of a story another agent told me.

A few years ago he opened his office Monday morning and had a voicemail that had been left over the weekend. It was a woman who left a profanity laced message saying she was coming down to kick his rear end because he had 'flirted' with her husband and given him his phone number.

He hung up the phone and sat at his desk in complete disbelief. Not only was he a guy, he also wasn't gay, and he had no clue who the woman was.

He said that everytime that door opened that day and he heard the 'ding' that the door makes he got nervous and wouldn't come out of his office.

Finally he discovered the woman had thought she'd left the message at another agent's office who was captive with the same company. The other agent was a woman.

He told me he never felt like such a wuss because he was so terrified of getting beat up by a woman.

Reminds me of a story another agent told me.

A few years ago he opened his office Monday morning and had a voicemail that had been left over the weekend. It was a woman who left a profanity laced message saying she was coming down to kick his rear end because he had 'flirted' with her husband and given him his phone number.

He hung up the phone and sat at his desk in complete disbelief. Not only was he a guy, he also wasn't gay, and he had no clue who the woman was.

He said that everytime that door opened that day and he heard the 'ding' that the door makes he got nervous and wouldn't come out of his office.

Finally he discovered the woman had thought she'd left the message at another agent's office who was captive with the same company. The other agent was a woman.

He told me he never felt like such a wuss because he was so terrified of getting beat up by a woman.

That's hilarious.:D:D:D

Good story...makes me wonder how many less fax machines are purchased year after year with advents of digital fax. And dubya's story actually gave me a chuckle...thanks!

Back