Future Agent With Question(s)

Felthorn3

Hey guys,

Currently studying for my life and annuities license and trying to start planning my agent career next steps. I really like the idea of selling term life insurance online and I've stumbled across Compulife's Website Quotes software. My idea is this(correct me on any of this or provide some helpful input if you could please):

Build my own website, simple interface with information about term insurance, have a need analyzer and health analyzer built in, implement the quote software to generate pre-quotes for companies I am appointed with. The user clicks an "apply now" button which takes them to a pre-application form, and then when submitting the form it sends me the relevant information on the backend which I will in turn plug into an actual application and submit.

I also plan to implement some SEO options and maybe even pay-per-click advertising to drive traffic to the site.

Anything I can do to improve or update this? Input on next steps following the above?

Thanks a ton for any help. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Also, was wondering since I haven't sold insurance of this nature before would it be a good idea for me to jump right into online sales or to do some traditional sales to get some experience with the processes/products first?

The only problem with that is you will get a lot of declines since you have done no UW. The carrier can terminate your contract based on too many declines.

All you need is good comp and good leads. 20% of your income should go to leads, and no one source lasts forever!

Buzz me if you need me!

Back