FYI.. Aetna No Plan G on GI.

I don't know any carrier that routinely offers G in their GI bundle, but all of them, including Aetna, will offer G and N under the trial right.

I have done it before.

Won't do it again. Won't write any GI business for .75% commission.

So, can you tell us what plans they must offer under GI? I do hope you didn't "discover" this company policy by submitting an application.

Guaranteed issue right situation... You have the right to buy... When to apply for a Medigap policy...
#1: You are in a Medicare Advantage Plan, and your plan is leaving Medicare or stops giving care in your area, or you move out of the plan's service area.
Medigap Plan A, B, C, F, K, or L that is sold in your state by any insurance company.

You only have this right if you switch to Original Medicare rather than joining another Medicare Advantage Plan.
As early as 60 calendar days before the date your health care coverage will end, but no later than 63 calendar days after your health care coverage ends. Medigap coverage can't start until your Medicare Advantage Plan coverage ends.

FYI

I just discovered Aetna has a "Company Policy" that does not allow a Plan G med sup GI.
I don't doubt that is what you were told, because I've been told that by them more than once, but got my client their Plan G every time anyway.. A carrier's policy doesn't supersede Medicare rules. You have to escalate it to a supervisor if the client is in the first year of an MA when turning 65 and you get that incorrect answer. Their people are nice and mean well, but some in UW don't understand that this trial right is different than all of the other GI rights. The team that developed their e-app knew the rules, however, and depending on how the eligibility questions are answered it will either include all plans--G included--or just ABCFKL, when you get to the plan selection and premium payment method screen. I've gotten the "our company policy" response even after submitting an e-app that allowed me to choose G.

WC touched on a very rare, but misunderstood right for those in their trial period for MAPD. I think most UW depts. put them all in the second category of "if you dropped a medigap and it is not available you can have A, B, C, F, K, or L.

If you've never had a medigap, join MAPD at the same time your part A is effective, you have a 12 month window to exit the MAPD and return to OM and take any letter that is offered by any company.

Keep in mind, this falls in a GI category for most companies on compensation. If they are in the first six months it is best to use their OEP right to a Medigap rather than their trial right. Make sure the company doesn't try to pull that one on you.

this falls in a GI category for most companies on compensation.

Yup.

Did that once with New Era. This was when they paid a whopping $25 one time.

Next few times I used that rule was with Aetna.

Now New Era pays $15 and Aetna .75%.

Yup.

Did that once with New Era. This was when they paid a whopping $25 one time.

Next few times I used that rule was with Aetna.

Now New Era pays $15 and Aetna .75%.

Have you checked ARLIC/Cigna Health? They're the only one that pays full commission on GI in Illinois...maybe Georgia too.

Haven't checked.

ARLIC is so high I would be embarrassed to recommend them. CHLIC is relatively new. Haven't had time to see if it is worth contracting or not.

thx

Back