FYI - Wellcare "welcome" letter to Aetna Part D members

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
As we know, Wellcare has purchased Aetna's PDP block of business so CVS can merge/buy Aetna.

I have had several clients with an Aetna PDP get a "welcome" letter from Wellcare. Over the last week. I have seen the letter and it's really odd that it doesn't mention anything about the reason they are getting the letter (purchase of Aetna's Part D plans). Attached is a copy of the letter. Expect some calls from clients.

Attachments

• wellcare letter blurred.pdf
    438.5 KB · Views: 40
Thanks. I already had a call but before I could respond he figured it out for himself and explained it to me. I only enroll smart, self-sufficient clients.

I truly hope there are some newer affordable options for PDP 2020 and I do hope it is at least this plan is marketed as a welcare PDP next year

I've already had to deal with an issue and had to call and its the worst, What should have been a 5 minute call turned into over an hour call

Rather than start a new Wellcare thread I will piggyback on Rusty's post.

New client that is a bit demanding. Actually a LOT demanding. Retired @ 70. Had Part A helped him get Part B, Medigap and PDP.

Wellcare sent him a "Sorry Charlie" letter because he was not applying during open enrollment. I explained he would need to get a letter of CC from HR and send it to Wellcare.

He got the letter July 5 and mailed to Wellcare. Needs to fill a prescription but Wellcare has not yet acknowledged receipt of his letter.

Other than offering him a Xanax, any suggestions on getting Wellcare to step up to the plate? Coverage supposed to be effective 7/1

thx

With Wellcare you'll probably get them to step up to the plate about like you can get Transamerica to step up to the plate.

If he fills the prescription, he should be able to send the receipt to them for reimbursement. That is, if they actually make the effective date 7/1 without screwing that up too!

With Wellcare you'll probably get them to step up to the plate about like you can get Transamerica to step up to the plate.

If he fills the prescription, he should be able to send the receipt to them for reimbursement. That is, if they actually make the effective date 7/1 without screwing that up too!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.:arghh:

He only takes one med, simvastatin. I suggested he fill it using a coupon for $5 and hope for the best.

This year our two lowest priced PDP's are Wellcare and Envision. Both are $14.50.

Envision is 2 stars, Wellcare is 3.

In the past I have suggested Envision but got too many complaints about their small network. Wellcare has many more preferred pharmacy's and one more star.

What could possibly go wrong?

New client that is a bit demanding. Actually a LOT demanding. Retired @ 70. Had Part A helped him get Part B, Medigap and PDP.

Wellcare sent him a "Sorry Charlie" letter because he was not applying during open enrollment. I explained he would need to get a letter of CC from HR and send it to Wellcare.

He got the letter July 5 and mailed to Wellcare. Needs to fill a prescription but Wellcare has not yet acknowledged receipt of his letter.

Other than offering him a Xanax, any suggestions on getting Wellcare to step up to the plate? Coverage supposed to be effective 7/1

thx

He could call medicare to at least make sure they dont screw up effective date

O Great Oracle of Atlanta, once again you've used a mysterious acronym.
CC = Carbon Copy, Cross Contamination, Contract Cancellation?

O Great Oracle of Atlanta, once again you've used a mysterious acronym.
CC = Carbon Copy, Cross Contamination, Contract Cancellation?

Could be any, or all, of those.

Could also be Creditable Coverage

Sim sala bim

Carnac.jpg

thx

He may have to step up to plate and threaten them. With what, I'm still figuring out as I go.

I have a client who gained backdated Medicare due to a disability with Part A effective date 10/18 and Part B 4/19. She received notification in April.

I submitted application with a 5/1 effective date using SEP- Retroactive (Wellcare has no standard choice for this) and included copy of award letter (pointing out dates) with application. They were clueless.

I explained in numerous calls. Even the territory mgr was unaware that such situations existed. Long story short, three weeks, several phone calls, asking phd to escalate, and getting the TM involved, got the matter resolved.

Latest posts

Back