GA Bill Proposes Floor for Individual Health Commission

It's on the calendar to be voted on today. If you haven't reached out to your state Senator (Georgia agents), I'd recommend doing so right away.

Well the legislature was at the capital voting on bills until midnight. Not sure if this one was voted on or not. The AJC link makes note of the late legislative session and states their info may not be up to date.

If I'm reading this correctly, the language of Senate Bill 1 which had already passed the Senate, was replaced with the language of HB 838 and then passed by the House.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20152016/SB/1

If you click on the "open current version in new window" link, the wording of the bill is in regard to a minimum commission.

I would assume this means it has passed the House and Senate now and will be going to Governor Deal to either sign or veto. Anybody out there with a better understanding of the inner workings of the legislative process and the maneuvers that happen during a legislative session feel free to add some clarity here.

Last edited:
Well the legislature was at the capital voting on bills until midnight. Not sure if this one was voted on or not. The AJC link makes note of the late legislative session and states their info may not be up to date. If I'm reading this correctly, the language of Senate Bill 1 which had already passed the Senate, was replaced with the language of HB 838 and then passed by the House. http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20152016/SB/1 If you click on the "open current version in new window" link, the wording of the bill is in regard to a minimum commission. I would assume this means it has passed the House and Senate now and will be going to Governor Deal to either sign or veto. Anybody out there with a better understanding of the inner workings of the legislative process and the maneuvers that happen during a legislative session feel free to add some clarity here.

I'm reading at 1:06 this morning it said it failed to gain support.

Back