GA Med Supp with Bypass

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm A)Used to T65's and B)Used to mainly selling in FL. But I recently hired 3 TM's and I'm trying to sell in other states.

How in the world do you tell which company to choose for someone with bypass surgery in 2010? I use CSG and it gives the option for coronary artery disease and it says 5-year lookback for Philadelphia American and obviously she's past that. So based on that she should be approved right? Do they not rate up?

Zip code 30710 Age 69 female NS.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm A)Used to T65's and B)Used to mainly selling in FL. But I recently hired 3 TM's and I'm trying to sell in other states.

How in the world do you tell which company to choose for someone with bypass surgery in 2010? I use CSG and it gives the option for coronary artery disease and it says 5-year lookback for Philadelphia American and obviously she's past that. So based on that she should be approved right? Do they not rate up?

Zip code 30710 Age 69 female NS.

Normally companies only have smoker and non smoker rates. There are a handful that do offer preferred and standard rates also(Equitable, AARP, CIGNA, Bankers Fidelity). A bypass more than 2 years out is good with most companies and in few cases (Philadelphia American) they go out 3-5 years.

99% of the time if they are past the time frame then they will be approved. The only way to know if you should quote a standard or preferred rate is to look at the UW guide or app. Like I said though, you only have to worry about different rates with a few companies.

Normally companies only have smoker and non smoker rates. There are a handful that do offer preferred and standard rates also(Equitable, AARP, CIGNA, Bankers Fidelity). A bypass more than 2 years out is good with most companies and in few cases (Philadelphia American) they go out 3-5 years.

99% of the time if they are past the time frame then they will be approved. The only way to know if you should quote a standard or preferred rate is to look at the UW guide or app. Like I said though, you only have to worry about different rates with a few companies.

Thanks! Wasn't 100% because as I scrolled down I saw other rates.

As much as I love CSG, you can't really depend on their UW data. You can get an idea from there, but you better be double-checking what they say with the company's UW Guide.

I've seen many times where CSG says a certain condition isn't on the app, but you look at the app and it's right there in black and white. Other times it might say that certain condition is a 5 year lookback and you look at the app and it's only a 2 year lookback, or maybe it's an "ever" thing. Either way, don't rely on CSG solely.

Back