Garage Keepers Vs Garage Liability Question

riskad17

I have a policy I am reviewing that would be new to the agency for a business that requires Garage Keepers. They have some light auto lube exposure which leads me to think they will need Garage Liability as well. My question is this...on their current policy I only see coverage for Garage Keepers. Does this mean they do not have Garage Liability coverage? For example if they do a tire rotation and the mechanic does not tighten down a lug nut and down the road a tire flies off and the customer crashes and causes a terrible accident. I have had mixed information given to me on this. Some have said that Garage Liability is included within Garage Keepers coverage if it is Direct Primary. As I mentioned I do not see this on the incumbents policy and it is a point I would like to make, but do not want to mis state information if they could possibly have it currently. Thanks

Depends some carriers will write quick lube places on a bop and it can pick up broadened knowledge.

Others require you to write a garage liability and garage keepers.

How is the policy written? is it a CGL as they are generally only on premises

With the clients I have services both Garage Keepers and Garage Liability is required to fully cover them. You need to review how the policy is written.

Depends some carriers will write quick lube places on a bop and it can pick up broadened knowledge.

Others require you to write a garage liability and garage keepers.

How is the policy written? is it a CGL as they are generally only on premises

It is written on a BOP

Back