Gated Communities

Discussion in 'Final Expense Forum' started by Agentguy5, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Agentguy5

Agentguy5 Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey guys,

Here in Florida what works the best for us is Door Knocking but when it comes to gated communities, we call and usually don't get an appointment...

Does anyone have any ideas to share of how they get through the gate without calling the client?

We have considered telling the Guard that we have a delivery From Monumental and then playing dumb when the guard asks for more information... and saying, I am just the delivery person...

thanks again

2. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Not intending to sound rude, but aren't there enough prospects in Florida for you to go after that don't involve trying to lie yourself to the kitchen table?

3. Agentguy5

State:
    Florida
    Great point, we'll tell them we are making a delivery from UFI, my company...

thanks for your help

4. LonghornMark

LonghornMark Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I would't think many final expense market clients would live in gated communities. Maybe Florida is different.

5. HoosierLife

HoosierLife Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Everything's gated in Florida lol. We lived there for about 6 months and the apartment we lived at in Jacksonville were gated.

6. TDFnCali

TDFnCali Well-Known Member

State:
    California

When I come across that or a gated mobile home Park, if I'm door knocking I just wait til someone pulls in or out & go in after them... Never had a problem & have never been questioned by the prospect.

TDF
    Sent via my Sprint Phone using Insurance Forums App

7. pcbinsurance

pcbinsurance Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Half those gated properties are not manned with a guard or the gates are left open much of the time. 1/4 of them will wave you through if you just wave at them first. The other 1/4 will take down your license number.
    It's pretty easy to sneak in behind someone too....just act like you belong there.
    Another trick is find out a property that is for sale and tell the gate guard you wanted to drive by the property. Nearly always they will allow this.

8. Agentguy5

State:
    Florida
    Wow, that's great... I just did a property sale search for homes on the same street as the leads we have in gated communities...

thank u mucho:laugh:

9. pcbinsurance

pcbinsurance Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    My pleasure. I recently moved back to Panama City Beach from the Tampa area and I must say, Pinellas County and Hillsborough County both have a lot of gated communities.

10. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Well-Known Member

State:

I was in a gated community yesterday. LA style. Chain link or rusted wrought iron. The guards were more of the American Pit Bull type.