Geico Cancellation-State Department of Insurance

KCAgent

Saw this thread below and it appears to have gone into a home deductible discussion. We've had a lot of issues and now our policy is to fax the request and if it's not honored we submit a complaint with the department of insurance. We currently have 3 complaints being worked against Geico. All three customers got form emails from Geico stating they couldn't process their request without speaking to them first. The email is in clear conflict with the cancellation requirements within their policy.
Yes, it sucks that Geico calls on every request but I understand that's their right but they can't ignore a cancellation just because the customer won't answer or speak to them. Hopefully, with enough complaints the DOI will realize it's an issue and take the necessary steps to ensure Geico is honoring the language of their contract.
I did get into a discussion with a Geico customer service rep and he did not see the ethical/legal issues around not honoring the contract, told me a lot about their organization.

I second this. This is exactly what needs to start being done across the country to get these slime pigs to stop harassing policyholders. Very good post!

KCAgent;1008874 We've had a lot of issues and now our policy is to fax the request and if it's not honored we submit a complaint with the department of insurance. [/QUOTE said:
What state are you in?

I used to be a hard a$$ on retention too like this but you just end up pissing off everybody. I'd rather have 10 people leave w/ all them saying "sure I would be happy to get quoted in the future..." opposed to 10 people leaving with a horrible taste in their mouth.

Alas I would imagine the demographic GEICO writes is such that they're more easily guilt tripped and conned into staying. They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't pay off for them..

ANY GEICO EXECUTIVE THAT READS THIS - I challenge you to a street fight over your ways.

Saw this thread below and it appears to have gone into a home deductible discussion. We've had a lot of issues and now our policy is to fax the request and if it's not honored we submit a complaint with the department of insurance. We currently have 3 complaints being worked against Geico. All three customers got form emails from Geico stating they couldn't process their request without speaking to them first. The email is in clear conflict with the cancellation requirements within their policy.
Yes, it sucks that Geico calls on every request but I understand that's their right but they can't ignore a cancellation just because the customer won't answer or speak to them. Hopefully, with enough complaints the DOI will realize it's an issue and take the necessary steps to ensure Geico is honoring the language of their contract.
I did get into a discussion with a Geico customer service rep and he did not see the ethical/legal issues around not honoring the contract, told me a lot about their organization.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. First off why are you canceling people's policy's anyway? I feel like that behavior encourages service dependent clients.

I just tell customers they should always buy their replacement policy before canceling their old one. This way there is no lapse in coverage.

After I sell them the policy, I tell them only the named insured can cancel and they take care of it.

I sell over Geico all the time and never have any issues.

You want to know why we cancel people's policies for them? Because if their agent is HALF as good as I am...they'll have a solid chance at killing my sale & getting that person to stay w/ them. Anybody who knows what they're doing knows full well it's not smart to let them communicate w/ their previous agency in any way.

Back