Geico Total Loss

Momof32020

My husband wa T-boned on his 2018 ZL1 that we have the title too. The adjuster said the car was totaled but his manager had to approve the amount. Fast forward a few days shy of a month and our claim has been through 3 different levels and is now pending a directors approval. Has anyone had this experience or have any tips on what to do. Every piece of information we've gotten is from calling them no one has yet to reach out to us.

Do you have any names of individuals you have spoken with and their ranking in the chain of command? I have always found it fruitful to go to the highest person I have a contact for and tell anyone who answers the phone that I'll wait for them to pick up or, if leaving a voice message, give them a window of opportunity to respond along with a notice that you will have no choice but to file a complaint with the Bureau of Insurance, Carriers HATE complaints to the Bureau. https://www.scc.virginia.gov/pages/File-Complaint-Consumers

My husband wa T-boned on his 2018 ZL1 that we have the title too. The adjuster said the car was totaled but his manager had to approve the amount. Fast forward a few days shy of a month and our claim has been through 3 different levels and is now pending a directors approval. Has anyone had this experience or have any tips on what to do. Every piece of information we've gotten is from calling them no one has yet to reach out to us.

It's a $50,000 car so, yeah, it's going through several levels of review to get approval. Understand that you're not the only claim. They are wading through hundreds, maybe thousands, per month. Even in good times a month to settle a large total loss was not out of the ordinary. Now, with Covid19 keeping people home it wouldn't surprise me that it could take another couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be jumping on the insurance department just yet. Doing so might even delay the claim even further as somebody at a corporate level will have to pull the file out of the work flow and review it to see what is happening and then send a response to the insurance department.

The Virginia Unfair Claim Settlement Practices Act is fairly liberal and uses the word "reasonable."

§ 38.2-510. Unfair claim settlement practices

Nothing in your post suggests that the insurance claims people are doing anything wrong.

Is it your insurance company or the other driver's insurance company?

Back