General Agents in Wisconsin?

AgentKen

Hi, newbie to the forum, 2 years as an independent, selling group health in Maryland, DC and VA. But now i want to train my brother in selling group health in Wisconsin as a 2nd career. Does anyone know if General Agents or perhaps wholesalers are used in Wisconsin (as they are in Maryland)? I see Benefit Mall only shows Humana in WI but am hoping I can sign us up with a GA and sell multiple insurance plans through them. I have sent an email to a contact I found for Anthem, asking her if I submit cases directly, or through a GA. Any other thoughts or direction?
Thanks very much.

I use some of the Rogers Benefits offices in MN for WI and they do a good job. Where is he located in WI? Also, who do you use in the MD DC VA area?

Hi Melmunch3.
He is in Madison. Thanks very much for the direction. I found their website and just sent an email to a local office (Cottage Grove, WI) to see which carriers they represent and what services they might provide. So, thanks again!

In MD, VA and DC, I primarily use "Insurance Marketing Center" in Rockville, MD. IMC - Insurance Marketing Center They are extremely helpful and go the extra mile always to help brokers. Out there, you have to funnel all business (at least for CareFirst, the local BCBS carrier), through a GA. I also use them for Aetna and Anthem (for non-northern VA, the deliniation for BCBS). I initially used BenefitMall, but didn't get the same personal attention that IMC gives.

Interested in others who might have experience with GAs in Wisconsin too.

Cheers.
AgentKen

My guess is that we use the same Rogers Benefit contact from Minnesota. Good group of people to work with, unfortanetly, they only have one carrier in Minnesota.

True, MN is a very tough state to write small group in. However, that office does a great job for various other states as well.

Hello. After posting my question about GAs in Wisconsin, I received a reply from a rep for one of the major carriers in Wisconsin, who gave me this list of her known GAs. Does anyone know of these and have any feedback before I call them? I'm looking for a GA who knows the carriers and rules in the state and is good at describing those to their brokers.
Thanks very much.
quote:
General Agencies in Madison area would include:
Greater Insurance Services, Madison - Todd Grams - #608-221-3996
Vista Benefits, Middleton (near Madison) - Eric Dalrymple - #608-288-9888
I also have a general agency near Milwaukee (Oak Creek) to whom we generally refer our out-of-state brokers:
Broker Resources - Lori Hunt - #414-766-9470

Hi, newbie to the forum, 2 years as an independent, selling group health in Maryland, DC and VA. But now i want to train my brother in selling group health in Wisconsin as a 2nd career. Does anyone know if General Agents or perhaps wholesalers are used in Wisconsin (as they are in Maryland)? I see Benefit Mall only shows Humana in WI but am hoping I can sign us up with a GA and sell multiple insurance plans through them. I have sent an email to a contact I found for Anthem, asking her if I submit cases directly, or through a GA. Any other thoughts or direction?
Thanks very much.

Hi Ken, I realize that my reply is much later than your original post. If your brother is looking for a 2nd job to do, I have something he can do in conjunction with the health insurance. I Have been a broker for about 10 years and once Obamacare looked like it was going to be put through, I started learning something else too. I had someone I used to refer deals to for credit card processing (merchant accounts), which has come in handy, since we have been taking commission cuts too! The pay works similar to insurance and as long as the client continues with your service, you continue to be paid. Let me know if you'd like more information. The good thing is that you don't need a license.

We are looking for agents if your brother wants high level contracts have him call me.

Greg Doerfler
Wisconsin Executive Marketing Manager
Consumer Insurance Advocates
920-428-5212

Back