General Question

TC004

Expert
Hey guys. I'm a multi line Agent and I have a general question/thought. I have been able to get a lot of prospects into the office, but many of them have "The General" and state limits. I am not quite able to beat what they're paying now, but I can usually get within $50. Is there any kind of advice you can give me on trying to get these prospects or is price always supreme? Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm a multi line Agent and I have a general question/thought. I have been able to get a lot of prospects into the office, but many of them have "The General" and state limits. I am not quite able to beat what they're paying now, but I can usually get within $50. Is there any kind of advice you can give me on trying to get these prospects or is price always supreme? Thanks.
You need to figure out their value system. Do they value the longevity and success of their business or just money. If they only see dollar signs and not the value that insurance can bring to their business then they may not be the type of people you want to work with. When I first started I sold based on always having the lowest price. Now I sell based on A. If they aren't valuing insurance then I'll just have to move on and stop wasting my valuable time. B. Do you really want to work with someone who is going to give you a hard time about $50? We both know that they are the type of clients that need their hand held. Offer them superior service, tell them you are only a phone call away. Figure out what makes you different and better to work with, then the agent they have now. Try to uncover what problems they have with their current agents.

Hope that helps some!

What are you currently doing that attracts those prospects to your office?

The response above was excellent. Thank you. Honestly, a lot of the current people that have been trickling in are old friends from High School. I think through the grapevine they have heard that I'm in the insurance business. I really try to do things the right way, but it's hard to get them all. Some take penny pinchers to a whole new level.

Back