General Wisconsin Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently licensed in life and health insurance for the state of WI. I'm seriously considering getting my P&C license as well. My only problem is that I don't have enough money saved up to drop my full time job and pursue insurance full time. Does anyone know of any insurance companies in the Eau Claire WI area that would hire an agent on part time in the evening in weekends? I've looked and haven't had any luck so far but I know the people on here have a far better knowledge of what is going on in the insurance world than I do. Any help is appreciated.

I would think that if you paid a visit to some of the area captives, like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and offered them your marketing services that they would take you on for those hours. Especially the new agents that have to work hard to keep their jobs. And having a life license puts you in a great position too - they have to sell life. Offer to cross sell existing insureds, provide renewal checklist/reviews. Give them a reason, and they should help on the licensing too.

Good Luck.

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently licensed in life and health insurance for the state of WI. I'm seriously considering getting my P&C license as well. My only problem is that I don't have enough money saved up to drop my full time job and pursue insurance full time. Does anyone know of any insurance companies in the Eau Claire WI area that would hire an agent on part time in the evening in weekends? I've looked and haven't had any luck so far but I know the people on here have a far better knowledge of what is going on in the insurance world than I do. Any help is appreciated.

Definitely reach out to American Family. The fact you are already licensed in life is a foot in. They'll reimburse you for your prelicensing, exam and license for PC too. You probably won't find too many AmFam agencies that are open past 6pm and most only work until noon Saturdays but you may find an agency owner willing to work with you. You should also see what's available at Corporate in policy sales and services or another department.

What kind if experience do you have? I am licensed in MN and WI and am located in twin cities metro. I am independent. Are you aware of the costs involved like e&o?

I'm licensed in WI, MN, and MI and seeking an experienced work-from-home agent in either Wisconsin or Minnesota (or in MI with WI and MN licenses).

Normally, I wouldn't be all the interested in someone without experience, but I happen to be in Eau Claire myself. So, maybe something could be worked out, depending on what you're looking to do.

Working weekends is always an option, and actually, I find they're the best days of the week to work.

Back