Generating Backlinks

RayGroupInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Utah
I am trying to work on my website and I'm looking into writing insurance articles for other sites. Someone told me that that would generate backlinks which would help my site rank better on the search engines. Is that true? If so what are some credible site I can submit articles to?

There is plenty of article submitting software out there.

I wish I had the time, and or, enjoyed writing more often, I would do the same.

I wrote one article and submitted it to a few directories, and received three backlinks from it.

So, I can see the long term potential.

I would be more than happy to place your articles on my web site, and give you backlink credit.

I'm just starting to fill my article directory on my web site with outside writing.

Here is a free version of an article submitter that should get you started in the right direction.

Internet Marketing Wish List | Article Submitter » Article Submitter

Be aware, you will receive daily, and or weekly spam from them for the pleasure of using their software, wanting you to upgrade from the free version.

Surprisingly, some of their e-mails actually have valuable information contained in them.

So with that software I just write an article and the software automatically sends it out to 100's of sites? That seems like Google may not like that.

Can anyone verify that this is actually a good thing? (not that I don't trust The New Guy, I just don't want to get on Google's naughty list).

So with that software I just write an article and the software automatically sends it out to 100's of sites? That seems like Google may not like that.

Can anyone verify that this is actually a good thing? (not that I don't trust The New Guy, I just don't want to get on Google's naughty list).

That's just about the way it works.

You still have to enter certain information, maybe pick a proper category, and captiva codes.

What the software does is automate the process for you.

It pre-fills your name address, e-mail, sets up an account, user name password, loads your article, etc.. And has hundreds of directories in it's data base.

Submitting articles to article directories, has nothing to do with Google at all.

An article directory is just like a blog, except with an article directory, you use other peoples writings, where as, with a blog, you are the primary source of new content.

Submitting articles to article directories, has nothing to do with Google at all.

An article directory is just like a blog, except with an article directory, you use other peoples writings, where as, with a blog, you are the primary source of new content.

The above Two Statements proves, this individual has no idea about article submission and the reason for it.

This is Bad Information, So follow at your own Risk!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I do this for a living. He is giving you Bad Information and honestly, the individual has no clue on what he is talking about. Its called Duplicate Content. The same article over 100's of Article Directories is not useful content for users. Google is cleaning all this up.

Last edited:
Dave, I am getting pretty tired of you bashing everyone else's seo advice, especially when you do it in such a rude and personal manner. I think you have a lot of quality advice to share but it gets lost when it seems like you are always looking to push down someone else's advice.

The fact is, there are very few things in SEO that are absolutes, and there is plenty of room for multiple directions. I would be much more wary of someone who thinks they have all the answers and talks in absolutes than I would about someone giving advice that not everyone agrees with.

The fact that google will put duplicate content into the supplemental index does NOT mean that they don't give a site any credit for the backlink from that article. Writing articles and submitting them can and does still help many people improve their rankings. It can also drive traffic in other ways, google's treatment aside.

No problem, Your Forum Trust me, You want bad information and advice to your readers, your choice. I have helped several on here do the right thing!!!!!!!!

I understand how articles are given credit. Read his statement, he posted submitting other peoples content and individuals articles, little different story.

Originally Posted by The New Guy

An article directory is just like a blog, except with an article directory, you use other peoples writings, where as, with a blog, you are the primary source of new content

Last edited:
First off I have no clue about any of this seo, submitting articals and such. In the world of site rankings and backlinks, content and things like that I'm the biggest idoit that exists... but i'm learning.

having said all that mess I will say this, I have known DMiller for about a year, don't know that much about him from a personal standpoint but I do know this... I have had dmiller healping me for the last 45 days with my site. he optmized it, helped me establish better content on the site and told me step by step what to do with my blog and where to submit articles. At the time I had no clue if he was full of B.S. or not, but I felt 'what did i have to loose".... I did not show up anywhere on any of the search engines.

Here is what has happened: i noticed i started ranking in yahoo and a few others under the search terms needed to get leads. Then just this week... BOOM!! my blog got picked up and I started showing up under other keywords on page 1 of google... sometimes I showed up with several articles 3 times on the first page... then just yesterday I finally cracked Google, page three, middle position and moving up... I's working... am i shocked? yep... becausr im now passing some of the industry giants with millions to spend on this type of stuff..

Is all this hard work, yes... it sucks, i spend about 2-4 hours a day messing with it. Im sure after I get everything established it will be eaiser..

we expect to be first page on my main keywords by mid jan, 09

i know dmiller can be over the top to some of you boys... but I do trust the guy to get me "home" and to him i say thank you

oh... also, i now am getting leads... had about 4 so far, sold one $611 a month and had another call in today to buy. the other 2 were wrong number but my auto responder will be hitting them over the next month

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. I have experienced the same thing. In my case, Dave was very helpful, although Sam, Val, New Guy, Alston and some others were also EXTREMELY helpful.

I enjoy writing, so I'm enjoying all of this...that is, until I screw everything up.

Dave,

First of all, I'm flattered, but I'm already married.

The act of submitting to article directories has no direct connection to Google. Many do so for the pleasure of writing about subjects they have a passion for, and some don't even use backlinks.

That would be like saying google owns every article and news directory in the world.

If you submit to directories, and your article with a backlink is used by a webmaster for content, then google may or may not give you credit for that content.

You can submit to hundreds of directories, and never receive a single backlink credit, if nobody utilizes your writings for content, or places a "no follow" tag, or "no index" tag on the product if they do use it.

A "no Follow" may give you a tiny bit of juice, as your web address in your link will still be read, and indexed, but not followed back to your site. I don't know what formula google uses for "no follow" tags, but I would guess maybe 50 "no follow" tags equal 1 direct backlink.

And isn't Dave advising his client to submit articles to directories in effect, creating the duplicate content he's claiming is bad? I guess it's different when he says it's ok.

Yes, Dave helped Peeler Insurance conquer the world of internet rankings in 45 short days.

If it were only that easy, Dave, and thousands of others in the field of SEO, would already be retired and living the life of luxury.

Most all new web sites, and the tweaking of old web site content produces an impact.

It's fresh and new product in the eyes of the search engines, that gets read, and indexed.

I have 62 web sites up and running, of the 62, I'm still working on only my main web site for SEO. Been working on it since July.

Part of it's because I'm lazy, the other part, because it's a very time consuming process.

I started in July with no backlinks, and now have around 280 or so.

I have a link directory that is only insurance & health related that has more than 8500 links in it. More than 150 hours of work.

The adsense ads in my directory also pays for all my hosting costs for the year, and contributes dollars to my Pay Per Click ad campaign.

I have an article directory that I'm just now starting to get ready to fill. That will contain 100's of insurance and health related articles, and will reach into the 1000's within a 2 years or so.

My link & article directories will always be an on going process. That's where my fresh relevant content will come from. Every week I will add to both directories.

My traffic started at 350 unique visitors a month in July, and peaked in September with 1200. 106 visits being my best day so far. Averaging between July, and yesterday at about 932 hits a month, with a growing trend.

That's just one site, the others range from a low of 18 visits a month to 50 or so, with little to no SEO yet.

They are next in line. I plan to utilize the same process, but with different links and articles, not duplicate content.

I believe I have around 120 pages or so indexed by google now, and when the articles go live, that will be in the hundreds of pages of relevant content.

A 5 to 10 page web site properly optimized, will never compete with a 100 plus page site properly optimized.

I fully understand that SEO is a process, and not an event.

Back