Generating Leads on your own site

RayGroupInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Utah
I am interested in building my own site, I know there is a thread about how to do it, but I am interested in whether or not it is worth it. I am an Allstate agent so I have my Allstate agent page (basically just an online business card.) I want to build my own site that will collect info from people so that I can quote them.

Does anyone else have a site like this? How is it working for you? Would you recommend a new agent like me get my own site?

Thank you for any advice/recommendations.

Contact Financial Visions in Lafayette, CA. I just started my website and was surprised at how easy it was to create it and get it listed. They offer teleconferences to help in addition to their marketing instructions on their website. They take you by the hand and walk you through it. And, the cost is reasonable.

If you're a captive agent, talk to your legal dep't. first. Many captive groups only let you have their "official" web presence.

Some captive groups say you can have your own site, but you are not permitted to identify your insurance company.

I don't know Allstate rules. Talk to legal/compliance.

Thanks, for your replies. I don't plan on using the Allstate name anywhere on the site so I don't think it will be a problam with the legal department. If they really don't like my site I will tell them that my wife owns it and she sells me the leads to me.

I am more interested in how well these sites have worked for others. It looks like it will cost me about $1,500 for a nice looking site that is able to gather info for quotes. That means I need to sell about 2 policies a month from it and it pays for itself. Is that possible to sell 2 a month from a website?

If you have a site, do you use PPC? How much do you spend each month? How much traffic does your site get on a monthly basis? How many of those visitors actually fill out the quote form?

Thanks

On my website I have a page devoted to each product I sell and my webhost can give me stats on how many hits I get each day on each page. It works for me.

Thanks, benhill. If you don't mind sharing, how many hits does your site get on a daily or monthly basis? Do you buy and adwords to generate traffic?

Back